Peabody Travels to McKenzie

Goldenpride

Well...like someone said up in the thread, to be the man, you got to beat the man.  Obviously, the Rebels have their hands full.  And it doesn't help the War Chickens flew away on us last night.  If he is able to go, going to be hard for a first time under the lights QB to face Peabody.  Obviously, I can't pick against my Rebels but they will have to come out firing on all cylinders.  

Hope for a good, clean game.  I honestly believe this showcases the two best teams in the region this year. 

Safe travels to my friends from Peabody.  And if you know me, come say hi Friday night. 

12 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I didn’t see any coaching problems. I really think it was lack of scrimmages and practice with a new system. He was successful in 6a in Mississippi surely he can coach. 

The part that I noticed that makes me question some (just some) of the coaching was in the third quarter going for it on fourth down when he was down by 8. Then the turnover on downs put Trenton on the 35 a few plays away from 3 or 7 points. Looks like it was a give up moment or he was out of options already. But I do understand he didn’t get any time at all because of Covid restrictions and you can only practice so many plays in a small amount of time.

17 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Well...like someone said up in the thread, to be the man, you got to beat the man.  Obviously, the Rebels have their hands full.  And it doesn't help the War Chickens flew away on us last night.  If he is able to go, going to be hard for a first time under the lights QB to face Peabody.  Obviously, I can't pick against my Rebels but they will have to come out firing on all cylinders.  

Hope for a good, clean game.  I honestly believe this showcases the two best teams in the region this year. 

Safe travels to my friends from Peabody.  And if you know me, come say hi Friday night. 

How would you say they played Huntingdon last week? I know it was a good game because y’all won but Were they sluggish to you or came out firing? Jw trying to wrap my head around this years McKenzie team.

6 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

How would you say they played Huntingdon last week? I know it was a good game because y’all won but Were they sluggish to you or came out firing? Jw trying to wrap my head around this years McKenzie team.

I think we were the more physical team for a change vs Huntingdon.  We had more stamina down the stretch for sure. Like everyone, you could tell it was the first time out for both sides.  Those youngsters we played last year are picking up where they left off.  Still see signs of being young but also shows signs of the game is starting to slow down.

30 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Totally agree with everything you just said

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

I think we were the more physical team for a change vs Huntingdon.  We had more stamina down the stretch for sure. Like everyone, you could tell it was the first time out for both sides.  Those youngsters we played last year are picking up where they left off.  Still see signs of being young but also shows signs of the game is starting to slow down.

Thanks, Ik for all teams the first few weeks will be rough hopefully they get them ironed out quickly.

2 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

The part that I noticed that makes me question some (just some) of the coaching was in the third quarter going for it on fourth down when he was down by 8. Then the turnover on downs put Trenton on the 35 a few plays away from 3 or 7 points. Looks like it was a give up moment or he was out of options already. But I do understand he didn’t get any time at all because of Covid restrictions and you can only practice so many plays in a small amount of time.

Sometimes you just have to go for it and maybe he felt like it was do or die