Copper Basin @ Sale Creek (Battle of the Cats!)

TheCommander

51 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

No, we are playing at a place in Dayton called Fort Bluff I believe !

The Old Church camp been there a few times with our old youth group.

Guys I'm going against the grain and saying Sale Creek in a close one.I may be crazy but I got a feeling.Before you ask no I didnt have that feeling when i picked us over Meigs just hoped I might stir up the Natives but it didnt work.:thumb:I read up a little on the Georgis team and a good team should have run ruled them.Im getting closer to figuring this Basin team out.Basin folks I'm just predicting so dont get mad I hope you all are as good as you are thinking you will be.I have alot of respect for that Basin program the one from the 80's gave me one of my worst whippings I ever got in 88 big physical kids!!

41 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

The Old Church camp been there a few times with our old youth group.

Guys I'm going against the grain and saying Sale Creek in a close one.I may be crazy but I got a feeling.Before you ask no I didnt have that feeling when i picked us over Meigs just hoped I might stir up the Natives but it didnt work.:thumb:I read up a little on the Georgis team and a good team should have run ruled them.Im getting closer to figuring this Basin team out.Basin folks I'm just predicting so dont get mad I hope you all are as good as you are thinking you will be.I have alot of respect for that Basin program the one from the 80's gave me one of my worst whippings I ever got in 88 big physical kids!!

Sale Creek is terrible. Basin in a runaway. The guy who picked Sale Creek as the number 5 team in 1A should lose his job at writing sports articles.

36 minutes ago, powerp said:

Sale Creek is terrible. Basin in a runaway. The guy who picked Sale Creek as the number 5 team in 1A should lose his job at writing sports articles.

I like to pick an underdog every now and again.Im staying with this one.You of course know more about these than me so you are probably correct in your assessment.

I wanted to board the Creek hype train so bad this year I could barely stand it. I was excited that they finally had some big players to watch in May, Beason, Penny, and Roberts.

HOWEVER, after watching film on them, I take back every nice thing I said about May and Beason. I watched the entire Jackson County game and didn't see either one of them finish a block. Pop and stop. Laziness. It's going to take more than that to do the job this week. Penny is good and Roberts is decent. 

As for Basin, the Georgia Force game looks like both QBs got infected with some sort of bionic arm bug. Open receivers streaking down the field and we just let the ball get away from us. It happens. Where he failed to capitalize in the pass, Grabowski made up for with his legs and a clutch interception late game to seal the deal. We also had sat one of our best offensive lineman to keep him fresh for region play. That was evident in our line play on both sides of the ball. He was sorely missed. 

We reign some of those passes in, take them seriously, and show up healthy, and I'm taking the matte-gray hatted hellcats by 3 scores minimum. 

Edited by TheRefuter

Sale Creek’s qb (#2) is everything for them from what I seen in the Jackson co. film. Very quick and elusive. He is 99% of their offense. Definitely more of a threat with his legs but can hit open receivers down the field which could be bad news for the cougars if we don’t straighten up the secondary. Was not impressed with the sale creek defense. I believe we should be able to move the ball pretty well on them. Key to the game is contain #2. Honestly would suggest using an inside backer to spy the kid. If the cougars can keep him in check, it should be another mark in the win column.