McEwen @ Perry Co.

23 hours ago, Trollin said:

I love this post. Couldn’t be more true. I can’t remember the last time Perry Co was competitive. McEwen was solid last year but at least bat close to .500 every year. I got McEwen winning this one, but a coin flip will do!

Vikings haven't been to the playoffs since 2011 and 2013 was the last time they won more than 2 games and it's been since 2016 since they won more than 1. This program has gone 3-27 the last three years. The main reason is they haven't had a feeder program like junior pro. They only had middle school football and usually they only got to play when they were in 7th or 8th grade. So very little experience but the junior pro program came back last year and more kids are out this year. Majors beat Waverly 32-0 this past saturday but I believe Waverly had a few kids out. But either way the Pee Wee's, Minors and Majors look better and the middle school and high school will hopefully follow.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Vikings haven't been to the playoffs since 2011 and 2013 was the last time they won more than 2 games and it's been since 2016 since they won more than 1. This program has gone 3-27 the last three years. The main reason is they haven't had a feeder program like junior pro. They only had middle school football and usually they only got to play when they were in 7th or 8th grade. So very little experience but the junior pro program came back last year and more kids are out this year. Majors beat Waverly 32-0 this past saturday but I believe Waverly had a few kids out. But either way the Pee Wee's, Minors and Majors look better and the middle school and high school will hopefully follow.

Have to have a good feeder program of youth football IMO. It is tough to start out in middle school with zero knowledge of the game of football, I tried and didn't work out for me. With a lot of youth programs not choosing to play this season, It could have a small effect in the not so distant future, but if the middle school programs are decent, there shouldn't be too much of a drop.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:51 PM, PCsupporter4life said:

Perry Co has some good young skill players with pretty good speed. QB has to stop throwing interceptions and keep the passes short. 

On 9/1/2020 at 9:48 PM, Trollin said:

I love this post. Couldn’t be more true. I can’t remember the last time Perry Co was competitive. McEwen was solid last year but at least bat close to .500 every year. I got McEwen winning this one, but a coin flip will do!

Not relevant now, but Perry County fielded one of the best 1A/2A teams I ever saw play for a couple of years when Tucker and Co. were there. Would have probably been a handful for your '16 Tigers.

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Not relevant now, but Perry County fielded one of the best 1A/2A teams I ever saw play for a couple of years when Tucker and Co. were there. Would have probably been a handful for your '16 Tigers.

When was this Trader? I honestly can’t remember Perry county being competitive at all in football but that’s not to say they never were.

28 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

When was this Trader? I honestly can’t remember Perry county being competitive at all in football but that’s not to say they never were.

Don't remember exactly, but according to PCsupporter4life's post it would have to have been from 2010-2012. They had some epic battles with Wayne County including one multiple overtime game... I believe that was the year that WC beat South Pitt for the gold ball. Vikings had good size, (including one monster 6'7" lineman) speed to burn, and maybe the best pure QB that I've ever seen. Their defense was good, but their offense was almost unstoppable!

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Don't remember exactly, but according to PCsupporter4life's post it would have to have been from 2010-2012. They had some epic battles with Wayne County including one multiple overtime game... I believe that was the year that WC beat South Pitt for the gold ball. Vikings had good size, (including one monster 6'7" lineman) speed to burn, and maybe the best pure QB that I've ever seen. Their defense was good, but their offense was almost unstoppable!

Tucker was one of the best high school qbs I've ever seen play around here 

Huntingdon beat Perry Co in I think the quarterfinals in 2011. Perry Co was tough that year and beat us up pretty bad in a very physical game. Mustangs lost to Wayne Co in the semis the next week in a classic battle.

Was you at the game Friday night. 

45 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Tucker was one of the best high school qbs I've ever seen play around here 

Tucker was also one of the best defensive players I think he led the state in tackles as a sophomore. Nobody ever mentions #18 wr/rb Mercer fastest kid on the field every game he ever played. Only run a 4.6 but with the ball and somebody after him he could really kick in afterburners. Never ever caught from behind scored prolly 50 or 60 TDs in high school. He got close to 2 or 3 state records. Tucker owns 3 state records I think. If some crazy TSSAA ruling hadn't disqualified 2 of our players in 11-12 we would have went deeper. 

49 minutes ago, justoldguy said:

Tucker was also one of the best defensive players I think he led the state in tackles as a sophomore. Nobody ever mentions #18 wr/rb Mercer fastest kid on the field every game he ever played. Only run a 4.6 but with the ball and somebody after him he could really kick in afterburners. Never ever caught from behind scored prolly 50 or 60 TDs in high school. He got close to 2 or 3 state records. Tucker owns 3 state records I think. If some crazy TSSAA ruling hadn't disqualified 2 of our players in 11-12 we would have went deeper. 

I remember very well how tough Mr Tucker was in 2011. Our game was one of the more violent games I've ever witnessed. Yall bout killed Tyler Warbritton.