Week 3 - TCA Lions @ USJ Bruins

Bellsburg2

7 hours ago, Bellsburg2 said:

(Scrolls through 2 pages of bickering.... still no mention of football by the TCA guys)

It’s officially game day, ladies and gents. Thanks to social distancing, seating will be limited. Maybe you guys can throw your visitor stands in the back of a pickup truck and bring them along? Every little bit helps.

Last Vegas line I saw was USJ -27

Score prediction: USJ 41, TCA 13

Silver lining: TCA can only lose once since there was no food drive this year

Would always love to talk football. But the underhanded comment about the visitor stands just shows who really has thin skin. You know like that foreskin. But to football. TCA is the underdog for sure. USJ is big and strong up front. Unlike what people may think about us we can accept that it is a tall order to win at USJ tonight. That’s ok. I hope Our boys will fight for 4 full quarters and then you never know what might happen. Prayers for no injuries. 

Edited by BigEdMo

Very glad high school football is being played in Tennessee.    This is a rivalry game because of the intense feelings that each school has toward the other.   Are the perceptions really misconceptions.  Who knows?

USJ has the better football program from top to bottom and the Lions will have to really have every single break go their way to keep it close.     The players and coaches have worked hard to make the season possible and I hope all the players have a great time on the field tonight doing what they enjoy. 

Will be surprised if the score is close because the Bruin defense is really solid.  If the lions can hit a slant or 2 and a wheel route and catch USJ  secondary poaching then they may score but I do not see the capability for a sustained drive type TD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warhawk said:

Very glad high school football is being played in Tennessee.    This is a rivalry game because of the intense feelings that each school has toward the other.   Are the perceptions really misconceptions.  Who knows?

USJ has the better football program from top to bottom and the Lions will have to really have every single break go their way to keep it close.     The players and coaches have worked hard to make the season possible and I hope all the players have a great time on the field tonight doing what they enjoy. 

Will be surprised if the score is close because the Bruin defense is really solid.  If the lions can hit a slant or 2 and a wheel route and catch USJ  secondary poaching then they may score but I do not see the capability for a sustained drive type TD. 

Spot on. I dont See another 7 turnover game like last year to allow TCA to stay close. 

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Spot on. I dont See another 7 turnover game like last year to allow TCA to stay close. 

Wow I did not know it was 7 turnover's.   If USJ #1 had not stopped Davis on that long run we would not have won.  I am going with 24-7 Bruins tonight.  USJ's offense can stall for quarters at a time and will need to pick that up soon.  Trinity has some players to keep it close (Wilson, Freeman and some big lineman)

Hard fought game. Some jawing both ways is ineveitable in a rivalry game where the kids have all grown up together, but overall good sportsmanship. USJ was just too much for an already thin TCA squad. Hoping that the early injury report on TCA lineman is wrong and he's able to make it back to play a little more ball. The lions have the athletes to string together a few district wins and maybe sneak into the playoffs. They may even get a freebie next week and some extra time to get healthy. Best of luck moving forward.

1 hour ago, BigEdMo said:

No competition. Out manned. Browder is a play calling machine. Usj will be in Cookeville again. 

Give Browder a week, a couple of games to pick apart his opponents defense, and a few capable players, and he will carve up a defense like a Thanksgiving Turkey! 

Hope the kid heals well and y'all figure out a way to get on track... I don't doubt that TCA will have their say before the season's wrapped up.

Congratulations to the USJ Bruins. No questions asked, you were the better team and dominated TCA in all phases of the game.

Why was I not heard from all week? One of you folks tried to bait me into an argument by bringing up a post from last year. Sorry, I was not going to bite. One other poster tried to pay us a compliments but also included an insult poking fun at us that I did not appreciate. Again, I was not going to get baited. Am I thin skinned? Absolutely not. I simply refuse to get involved in a silly argument this year. Sadly, our arguments are not that good natured. When we were in 7-2A, We had arguments left and right but we also had a healthy respect for each other and I am friends with many of those folks today. When is TCA and USJ folks argue, it's absolutely cut throat.

As many of you know I've got serious health issues that I've been dealing with for a year and a half. It cost me the opportunity to call a state championship game on the radio right before all this virus stuff started. That is something that still haunts me. If you USJ posters were at the game tonight, you knew where I was. You could have come over and introduced yourself and shook my hand. That's how we did it on the D1 boards.

Anyway, once again I offer my congratulations to the USJ Bruins. Barring injuries you guys have the potential to do something special. Savor the moment because they don't last forever.