WEEK 3: POWELL vs FULTON

keepitmoving

2 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

This right  here not only had an impact on Fulton but other area teams. Correct me if I'm wrong but #11 is the only Soph that is a Powell kid.

I can’t say for sure on all of them, but I know of at least 3 that played in the Fulton youth league and were dead set on going to Fulton until their youth coach got hired at Powell. It’s just the truth.

5 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Fwiw, no one in this thread asked why Fulton is no longer Fulton. Keepitmoving simply said they aren't the "old" Fulton. 

I understand your feelings here, but let's stop pretending that you were prompted for that type of response.

Nut I’m not prompted by anything, I’m literally just telling the truth. I’m not directing this at you, but some people just can’t handle the truth and it shows in their posts. To make everyone happy, I’ll stop telling the truth. I’ll just sit back and wait for it all to come back into the light again. Until then I’ll leave it be.

4 hours ago, HTV said:

Not going to argue with a guy who deludes himself in to believing that the program he supports doesn't/hasn't taken transfers and out of zone 9th graders.  That's just hypocritical.  

And to you sir, Never at any point have I said we haven’t taken in transfers at Central because we most certainly have. But I can promise you this, NO COACH at our school has walked up to a kid(s) at the end of a ballgame and asked them to transfer to us. That’s a fact

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, guthook said:

agreed

Ya the QB and some of the WR played together since 6th grade.  Very talented group of kids.  Now if there from Powell or not, who really knows?  They did play with the Falcons middle school team, and were very dominate over there youth careers.  It seems to be transferring over very well to the HS game to.   

5 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Nut I’m not prompted by anything, I’m literally just telling the truth. I’m not directing this at you, but some people just can’t handle the truth and it shows in their posts. To make everyone happy, I’ll stop telling the truth. I’ll just sit back and wait for it all to come back into the light again. Until then I’ll leave it be.

I know you weren't directing anything at me, and I appreciate that. But just so we're clear, you literally said "a guy asked why Fulton wasn’t 'Fulton' anymore and I gave my honest answer," when no one had said/asked that.

I had hoped we could make it this week without the inevitable back and forth over the current situation at Powell. I get that you have an ax to grind, and you've made your feelings crystal clear in the past year over this. You've told your truths, you've pontificated, you've even gotten into a spat with HTV.

But for Christ's sake, can we talk about something else??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I know you weren't directing anything at me, and I appreciate that. But just so we're clear, you literally said "a guy asked why Fulton wasn’t 'Fulton' anymore and I gave my honest answer," when no one had said/asked that.

I had hoped we could make it this week without the inevitable back and forth over the current situation at Powell. I get that you have an ax to grind, and you've made your feelings crystal clear in the past year over this. You've told your truths, you've pontificated, you've even gotten into a spat with HTV.

But for Christ's sake, can we talk about something else??

Sorry, Nut.  Don't want to get you in the middle of anything.  

I always said that when it ceases to be fun it's time to retire.  I retired from covering games a couple of years ago.  Time for me to retire from this part of it, too.  Just can't handle holier than thou hypocrisy any longer.  

Adios.  

23 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Powell took all of Fultons youth league players who are now playing for their youth league Coach who is Powell’s OC. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but that’s definitely what happened. 

But ask yourself were those players ZONED for Fulton?   No matter if their little league coach is at Powell or not they weren't going to Fulton.  ASK THE PARENTS

• Like 1

Every Knox County School Team has players that should be at AE, but you don't see AE people crying.  so CHSbobcat quit crying just wish Fulton the best of luck against Powell.  Shoot, if KCS approved the transfers why continue to bring it up?  Teams got to learn how to coach the players that wants to be at their school and quit crying over the ones that's not there.  IJS

• Like 1