Week 4: Greenback @ Oneida

crow

14 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Oneida normally has a good defense year in and year out. If you ever manage to score that many on a Lambert defense chances are high that you will win. That being said, if you manage to give your young qb some time to let a play develop and maybe throw out of the pocket on a designed play I bet it will be a good game.

Our secondary took tremendous steps from OS to now. Much improved I will admit. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, harley04 said:

LOSS OF BIG FELLOW HURT ME FOR GB, BEEN THERE. JUST THINK ITS GONNA TAKE TIME. :mrgreen:

We still got our big fellow. There were even a few scouts there last night. He’s just a junior but 6’5” 370 pounder gets attention I guess lol. He is a beast on defense especially. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harley04 said:

CROW I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING NICE AT 4 POINTS INDIANS COULD WIN BIG. :mrgreen:

Well that’s not much our style. If we get up 2 possessions we tend to really lean on defense to seal the deal. If we get up big in any game it’s because our between the tackles game is producing. We’re happy with 1 or 101 point win. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

Just now, harley04 said:

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN HECK OF A MATCHUP TO WATCH GB BIG AND YOURS. WHAT I'VE HEARD GB BIG WAS ONE OF BEST EVER. EVERYONE KNEW EARLY HE WAS SPECIAL. :mrgreen: 

He was. You can see it last year. Our big held his own pretty good. The rest of the field did to really. We were still hanging around in the middle of the 4th quarter but they just out talented us. Eventually the better athletes win matchups and they did. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rtl112 said:

You trying to stir the pot Spike.  It should be a close game don't you agree.  Greenback will be hungry for a win but it could go either way.  I'll stay with Greenback for the moment.

I just know how the rivalry goes. It will be a close game BUT if GB finds itself this week and plays like I know they are capable of then I’ll be honest I’ll be worried. 

6 hours ago, crow said:

Our secondary took tremendous steps from OS to now. Much improved I will admit. 

Having an actual game played is a tremendous help on addressing weaknesses and soft spots on a team. The last 2 years our game one to game 2 improvements have been tremendous as well. We have been fortunate this year on getting to play all our games up to this point.