Week 4: Greenback @ Oneida

crow

Fun to listen on the radio.  Tim, Mark and JL do a great job.   Mark got me fired up a few times there!  I was jumping up in my living room!

Best of luck to Greenback.  Sounded like ya'll had a young team.   Still, an awesome game to play in.  Hope it goes on 100 more years!

Dang, I mss El Rey.  I would put that salsa with any I have had out here in Austin.  No joke!  Cheer amigos!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Spike016 said:

Wanna give a huge THANK YOU to Crow for the dinner at El Rays! Also all you GB fellers I really enjoyed eatin dinner and just talkin football! We will definitely have to do it again real soon! Y’all are 1st class! Y’all will keep gettin better as the year goes on and will compete for the Region. Only thing I would focus on is #55 :roflol:

Only thing I woulda changed about tonight is textin my wife instead of Crow!-_-

We just happened to walk in a few minutes too late for crow to pay for ours lol. No doubt el reys was on point !!! Kolby Morgan definitely carried the load for Oneida !! We looked good at times and defense held there own for most of the game. Penal:evil:ties absolutely took us out of the game. Gotta clean that up. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

In our region I think you guys are the front-runner right now without a doubt .some think will be okay and we'll be able to compete but after what I saw last night some of our boys are so undisciplined they will cost us a close game just like last night.we were in this game the whole time but the stupid penalties and mistakes early took us out of the game late. Oneida is a solid football team that plays very typical Tony Lambert football not saying they didn't make me some mistakes and some undisciplined plays last night they did but the better team won out in the end. Good luck to the Oneida team,I'll be pulling for you the rest away and another awesome night to watch football regardless of the outcome.

In all fairness the official on our side was throwing a flag for anything that might have been a hold on both teams but I know that’s not really the costly penalties you’re referring to. I agree if either you’re coaches or your SENIORS don’t fix the real problem it will make matters worse as the season continues. I expect it to get resolved a I really believe you’ll compete For the region. I think you’re very capable of causing problems for teams down the road for reasons I told you last night about matchups. It’s not what you’ve done the last five years mind you, it’ll have to be more our style until y’all get some young guys grown up a little and get one hugely glaring issue resolved. I think both are well on their way to happening. 

Edited by crow

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Fun to listen on the radio.  Tim, Mark and JL do a great job.   Mark got me fired up a few times there!  I was jumping up in my living room!

Best of luck to Greenback.  Sounded like ya'll had a young team.   Still, an awesome game to play in.  Hope it goes on 100 more years!

Dang, I mss El Rey.  I would put that salsa with any I have had out here in Austin.  No joke!  Cheer amigos!

El Reys was Great!!Game was a players game for sure,Run,Defense and try to pass.I also hope it this rivalry continues every year.Coach Lambert and Greg are very close friends so I think that helps our cause.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crow said:

In all fairness the official on our side was throwing a flag for anything that might have been a hold on both teams but I know that’s not really the costly penalties you’re referring to. I agree if either you’re coaches or your SENIORS don’t fix the real problem it will make matters worse as the season continues. I expect it to get resolved a I really believe you’ll compete For the region. I think you’re very capable of causing problems for teams down the road for reasons I told you last night about matchups. It’s not what you’ve done the last five years mind you, it’ll have to be more our style until y’all get some young guys grown up a little and get one hugely glaring issue resolved. I think both are well on their way to happening. 

Cannot argue with this one.I hope we can get the silly stuff fixed FAST!

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

In our region I think you guys are the front-runner right now without a doubt .some think will be okay and we'll be able to compete but after what I saw last night some of our boys are so undisciplined they will cost us a close game just like last night.we were in this game the whole time but the stupid penalties and mistakes early took us out of the game late. Oneida is a solid football team that plays very typical Tony Lambert football not saying they didn't make me some mistakes and some undisciplined plays last night they did but the better team won out in the end. Good luck to the Oneida team,I'll be pulling for you the rest away and another awesome night to watch football regardless of the outcome.

It's hard to get a read on any teams yet, I'm still saying the Cherokees are the front runner.  We haven't proved nothing yet.  Oakdale has been the biggest surprise to me so far.  If I'm not mistaking they have almost 30 kids on the rosters this year.  They gave Midway all they wanted last week.  Greenbacks got a good coaching staff, I believe they will get things straightened out.  

1 hour ago, WarChant said:

We just happened to walk in a few minutes too late for crow to pay for ours lol. No doubt el reys was on point !!! Kolby Morgan definitely carried the load for Oneida !! We looked good at times and defense held there own for most of the game. Penal:evil:ties absolutely took us out of the game. Gotta clean that up. 

Good post Chant.I actually thought we were about to get it rolling but our mistakes (and no excuses we deserved EVERY ONE of them and more in my opinion for some juvenile action towards the opposing fans).Made our way into the 20 a couple times then you look up and we lost 30 yards on 2 series for said mistakes!We played right into Oneidas game plan.I take nothing away from Oneida I think the better team won.