Moore Co @ Forrest

DiamondRaider11

1 minute ago, CardVol said:

I don't really know why Chapel Hill risks playing this game anymore. It's a no win situation. If you beat MC you were supposed to. You are the bigger school. If you lose to MC it's just embarrassing. You were upset by a 1A. I understand the rivalry because I was a part of it but it's not the same situation it once was. 

This is the very reasoning that every team dreaded playing Moore County back when Lincoln County used to host their jamboree. They would invite 7 teams and each play a half of football. MC was always the only 1A school invited (they'd bring ticket money) and would be matched up with a bigger school. I know once they faced a 3A and the next year a 4A. Yes it was just a jamboree and yes it was a scrimmage like preseason deal, but it always looked bad when the bigger school would barely hang with MC or even get mashed by their starters. Scheduling can truly put a team in a no win situation. 

***On the other hand, us fans love it. We like seeing David and Goliath so I see it from this point of view as well. 

33 minutes ago, CardVol said:

Sounds like a built in excuse of blaming the coaching if or when the loss occurs

ive said plenty on the game. if the coaching sucks why WOULDNT i blame it. ill blame what is appropriate after the game. this is before the game. so we are all guessing. u get that, correct? this is a staff that sat nick mcclendon on about  50% of all offensive downs when he was a freaking junior. Bill Walsh they aint

29 minutes ago, CardVol said:

I don't really know why Chapel Hill risks playing this game anymore. It's a no win situation. If you beat MC you were supposed to. You are the bigger school. If you lose to MC it's just embarrassing. You were upset by a 1A. I understand the rivalry because I was a part of it but it's not the same situation it once was. 

i wont be embarrassed unless its a mercy rule. everyone knows moore is good  

51 minutes ago, CardVol said:

Really dumb post.   Not much difference in 1A  and 2A.  No shame in winning or losing to either. Ask Meigs if they felt embarrassed by losing to 1A South Pitt last year.  The year before 1A Whitwell beat 2A Trousdale. 1A Lake County would have beat any 1, 2, or 3A teams not named Alcoa last year.  

21 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

If I recall this was a streamed game last year. I watched half of it. Was a decent game. If this is the same game I remember. 

All ours since 2017 have been streamed so you could have it mixed up. Forrest won 35-14 after jumping out to a 14-0 lead after 5 minutes. Lots of offense,  the above mentioned N McClendon had over 300 yards rushing and 3TDs. Forrest had 2 goal line stands so MC had chances to keep it close. 

41 minutes ago, Salem said:

Really dumb post.   Not much difference in 1A  and 2A.  No shame in winning or losing to either. Ask Meigs if they felt embarrassed by losing to 1A South Pitt last year.  The year before 1A Whitwell beat 2A Trousdale. 1A Lake County would have beat any 1, 2, or 3A teams not named Alcoa last year.  

I doubt it. It took them the whole game to put greenback away 

1 hour ago, CardVol said:

This is the very reasoning that every team dreaded playing Moore County back when Lincoln County used to host their jamboree. They would invite 7 teams and each play a half of football. MC was always the only 1A school invited (they'd bring ticket money) and would be matched up with a bigger school. I know once they faced a 3A and the next year a 4A. Yes it was just a jamboree and yes it was a scrimmage like preseason deal, but it always looked bad when the bigger school would barely hang with MC or even get mashed by their starters. Scheduling can truly put a team in a no win situation. 

***On the other hand, us fans love it. We like seeing David and Goliath so I see it from this point of view as well. 

We always faced a 5a team. We won the 1st year (1994 Season) and lost the 2nd by a touchdown after losing 17 seniors. 

Edited by Oleskooly

10 hours ago, Salem said:

Hes right, not much difference in 1A, 2A, and 3A with the exception of Alcoa.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:47 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Moore has beaten 2 of the worst teams in middle tn, and an overrated Cornersville by 10.   

Improved? Def

Cookeville bound? Not so fast.  We will see Friday but I predict these two are comparable.  Expecting a hard fought game.  Could go either way.  

How do you figure? Cornersville mopped the floor with Eagleville and Forrest struggled... Everyone is sleeping on Moore County’s talent, but keep making them the underdog lol

• Like 1