Moore Co @ Forrest

DiamondRaider11

31 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County would have beat all of 1A and most of 2A and 3A last year excluding Alcoa.

Well that’s not what he said. It would have been a game between Peabody and lake county and the only other thing that makes me question that is you guys struggled with crockett.  I’m not going to muddy up their thread but what he said wasn’t true 

2 hours ago, StayMute said:

How do you figure? Cornersville mopped the floor with Eagleville and Forrest struggled... Everyone is sleeping on Moore County’s talent, but keep making them the underdog lol

Cornersville had a 21-13 lead late in the 3rd quarter. Forrest was up 10-0 at the half. Eagleville scored on a 80 yard pass on a busted coverage. They had no other drive the entire game and couldn't get first downs. 

Neither team struggled nor mopped anything with Eagleville. The Eagles MVP didn't dress vs Cornersville. He dressed but was visibly limping at Forrest. Neither team beat a full strength Eagle team. 

I value everyone's opinion and would never say anyone's wrong but I always thought there was a significant difference between 3A and the tiers below. I still believe there's a difference between most 2A and 1A schools but I've been retired from coaching for many moons now. I may just be out of the loop.

On another note it's looking like I'm not going to be able to attend Friday's game so I'm going to try to tune in on the radio. Hope some of you guys will post live scores here too if you don't mind. Thanks! 

2 hours ago, CardVol said:

I value everyone's opinion and would never say anyone's wrong but I always thought there was a significant difference between 3A and the tiers below. I still believe there's a difference between most 2A and 1A schools but I've been retired from coaching for many moons now. I may just be out of the loop.

Being out of the loop is a possibility. If you coached when there were only 3 classifications there was a huge difference in 1A vs 3A. Now with 6 public and 3 private divisions there isn't. Forrest has two 4A's on this season's schedule and played a 6A in the jamboree. There was no embarrassment for any to lose to the 2A team last season. The top 1A teams have been some top 2A teams head to head over the past 2 seasons. 

17 minutes ago, Salem said:

Being out of the loop is a possibility. If you coached when there were only 3 classifications there was a huge difference in 1A vs 3A. Now with 6 public and 3 private divisions there isn't. Forrest has two 4A's on this season's schedule and played a 6A in the jamboree. There was no embarrassment for any to lose to the 2A team last season. The top 1A teams have been some top 2A teams head to head over the past 2 seasons. 

Jamboree?  That must give you guys a little advantage