Marion County at Tyner

FridayMainEvent

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Is Jackie Buttram still helping?  Alton McClain also, is that his name? I played ball against those guys a long time ago.  Could post some pictures if I knew how.

Jackie and Antoine (Twon) are still coaching.  Two great men that do things the right  and give back to the kids and their community.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I got a ticket for this game. I would wait to eat until I got there if I knew you were gonna have the fish sandwiches. I've heard great things about them, but never had the privilege to actually try one.

Yeti - my friend I am quite positive that there will be no fish sandwiches.  Support for the program from a booster club or parent group has shriveled to almost nothing it appears to me at least.  I am not sure the fish sandwiches will ever come back to be honest with you.  They finally had the home side concession stand open last week but little things like when they open the gates and making everyone buy these tickets online - just doesn't feel like football is a priority around these parts anymore.  Coach T and his staff still working really hard just on the support side - IMO.  Sad.  May try to find you at halftime.

2 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Yeti - my friend I am quite positive that there will be no fish sandwiches.  Support for the program from a booster club or parent group has shriveled to almost nothing it appears to me at least.  I am not sure the fish sandwiches will ever come back to be honest with you.  They finally had the home side concession stand open last week but little things like when they open the gates and making everyone buy these tickets online - just doesn't feel like football is a priority around these parts anymore.  Coach T and his staff still working really hard just on the support side - IMO.  Sad.  May try to find you at halftime.

Hate to hear that about the support. Hopefully when this virus is under control it will be a non issue. I'll definitely meet and greet with ya. Wanted too at our Trousdale game last year but didnt know you were there till you were leaving basically.

6 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You must admit.. that was quite convenient. Walker Valley has an improved team this season from the looks of things. 

Lol, yall are the most whiney bunch that there is man.  Walker valley is a 5a or 6a  school, likely would have hammered us, no bones about it.  Tyner was in charge of the reschedule and I'm sure that the Baylor game was convenient also right, or was it just convenient for us?  Gtfo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ram4Life said:

Jackie and Antoine (Twon) are still coaching.  Two great men that do things the right  and give back to the kids and their community.

thats what it is all about right there.  Marion should get two lineman back tomorrow also that have been out so hopefully both teams are at full strength.   The most physical team will win.  

17 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I have always given Marion the utmost respect on here. So much that I’ve been told to run for mayor of Jasper.  However, you seem to stir drama. Your hatred for the Pirates is obvious and transparent. We understand..Coach Grider took your lunch money one time or something. I “heard” about the conversation as well and I’m sure it’s different from what you “heard.” That’s how those things go in a rivalry. It was a great streak until Marion decided it didn’t need to be played anymore. Back to this game. I’m taking Marion by 1 score in this one. Good luck to both teams tomorrow. 

Truth is Grider is taking something from sp faithful but it sure ain't money.........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You must admit.. that was quite convenient. Walker Valley has an improved team this season from the looks of things. 

We also have a region game next week, tyner plays Brainerd the next one and then they have a region game the last week so this week was when it made sense, obviously.  Don't be as bad as some of your other posters, you are better than that.  

Good luck to the warriors tonight, mc by 7, and good luck to the JMS warriors, looking to finish an undefeated season against whitvegas.

• Like 1