4A AP Top 10 week of 9-14-20

JacketLover

24 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Bud we played with a make shift o line.  No we didn’t play the best defensively in the first half but make no mistake Daniel Boone did not get our best.  I know Y’all had a stud go out in the Greeneville game but missing 3 of 5 returning starters from last years o line definitely hurt and hurt play calling.  Just my two cents but all I’ve seen you post is how Betsy didn’t look good,  no kidding,  thanks COVID.

Forgot to add, the only game I have seen Elizabethton play was against Boone, and they did NOT look like a #1 team at all.    But your explanation makes sense, so do you think if the whole team had been intact you could have won by at least 20?

30 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Forgot to add, the only game I have seen Elizabethton play was against Boone, and they did NOT look like a #1 team at all.    But your explanation makes sense, so do you think if the whole team had been intact you could have won by at least 20?

I mean we did have three possessions in the red zone in 2nd half go without points.  On the flip side Boone shot themselves twice as well.  Never know how it would have played out but I don’t think you would have seen as many qb runs and high snaps.  Just a different game plan I believe.

9 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

I mean we did have three possessions in the red zone in 2nd half go without points.  On the flip side Boone shot themselves twice as well.  Never know how it would have played out but I don’t think you would have seen as many qb runs and high snaps.  Just a different game plan I believe.

Boone has several "self destruct plays" and it seems they practice them to perfection each week.....   *sigh* ......

1 minute ago, JacketLover said:

I think this year more so than most others teams will look like crap early on due to the lack of preseason scrimmages and jamborees. I think this without even taking Covid into account. I look for most good teams to continue to improve and peak come playoff time. 

Springfield don’t seem to be missing a beat.Very impressed so far with how they are playing.

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

Springfield don’t seem to be missing a beat.Very impressed so far with how they are playing.

We are lucky in that we have a lot of key players back from last year that helps in not missing a beat. I don’t want to sound like I’m talking bad about other teams, but the teams we have played haven’t been upper echelon teams even though 2 of the 3 are 6A teams. I want to see what our younger guys that are now starting on defense do when we do play a team that punches us in the mouth. I think we will react well, but I want to see it. That’s why I’m really excited to go to Marshall County next week. 

We have looked good, and I’ve said it before on here in other threads that our past history with our current coaching staff is to start off slow and build and be at our best come playoff time. I’m really excited to see this come to fruition this year if the pattern holds true. 

4 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

We are lucky in that we have a lot of key players back from last year that helps in not missing a beat. I don’t want to sound like I’m talking bad about other teams, but the teams we have played haven’t been upper echelon teams even though 2 of the 3 are 6A teams. I want to see what our younger guys that are now starting on defense do when we do play a team that punches us in the mouth. I think we will react well, but I want to see it. That’s why I’m really excited to go to Marshall County next week. 

We have looked good, and I’ve said it before on here in other threads that our past history with our current coaching staff is to start off slow and build and be at our best come playoff time. I’m really excited to see this come to fruition this year if the pattern holds true. 

I have the NFHS network and if the game is on there when you guys play MC I will have to watch that game.

• Like 1