POWELL @ CENTRAL SATURDAY AT 7:30....WOW!!

keepitmoving

14 hours ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Same here. Where’s this been all year?? And the defense is much better than I expected 

Lowe finally started rotating the offensive line on the defensive line.  Should of been doing that all year.  Cause some of Powell O lineman are great D lineman to, but for some reason Lowe wouldn't play them both ways early on in the year.  If Lowe keeps up that rotation, Powell will be very hard to beat. 

16 hours ago, Elitesports4 said:

Central have got snubbed on multiple calls crazy! Qb is not good he’s killing them. Coach Rosser would be winning this game. I can’t believe my dude Potts tbh. Stock drop for me I had him d1 ready. He took some steps back. Very young no big deal still like em a lot

Hes good.  He has been used to massive rushes and pressure, he didn't know what to do when he had all day to throw.  lol  Plus Powell run game was on fire, so there was no need to pass the ball.  Previous Powell games, there run game was no existent, so Powell had to throw it all over the yard.  Just imagine when Powell can get all 3 phases of the game to show up at the same time.  Deadly.

8 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

It wasnt even that close.  Powell dominated from the opening kick!  When Powell can put the run game, pass game, and defense together at the same time......They will be one tough team to beat for sure! 

This is a bit off.  Two defensive TD's called back for Central (fumble would have been a td and the muffed punt may have been.  OPI called off a TD in the endzone.  Missed offsides on the the goal line and Central would have forced that in.   Put all that with the missed FG (barely) and Central would have won.  So, keep on glorifying Powell if you want, but if the stripes don't poo their pants, I have Central winning that game.

17 minutes ago, guthook said:

Two defensive TD's called back for Central (fumble would have been a td and the muffed punt may have been.

Not so sure about this. It was definitely a fumble, but the Powell players stopped at the whistle. Would he have scored? Maybe, maybe not. And I could be mistaken, but isn’t it a dead ball upon recovery on a muffed / touched punt? I agree both were bad calls, but it definitely doesn’t mean Central would’ve won if the calls had been made correctly. Regardless, the refs made themselves part of the game entirely too much. 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

1 hour ago, guthook said:

This is a bit off.  Two defensive TD's called back for Central (fumble would have been a td and the muffed punt may have been.  OPI called off a TD in the endzone.  Missed offsides on the the goal line and Central would have forced that in.   Put all that with the missed FG (barely) and Central would have won.  So, keep on glorifying Powell if you want, but if the stripes don't poo their pants, I have Central winning that game.

Powell certainly didn't dominate, but they looked like the better team for a good portion of the game.

The punt muff couldn't be advanced, so it should have been Central ball where it was recovered; the scoop and score on the next play would have been irrelevant had they gotten the initial call right. So in reality, zero points were taken off the board for Central in that sequence, but Powell did get a TD a few plays later.

The OPI call was questionable. WR definitely extended his arms to get separation, but it wasn't egregious. I think you have to let that contact go as an official.

I haven't seen the goal line stand replay enough, so I can't comment on that. Even if they make that call, Central still has one down to get 1-2 feet. No guarantee that they get it. They had all kinds of trouble in short yardage situations last night.

Either way, this game was closer than the 34-3 margin we saw in the 4th. There were some rough calls that hurt Central, but I'll never apologize as a fan who's the beneficiary of those calls. Unfortunately, that's a part of the game sometimes. If these two meet up again, I'm sure things will play out differently.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Powell certainly didn't dominate, but they looked like the better team for a good portion of the game.

The punt muff couldn't be advanced, so it should have been Central ball where it was recovered; the scoop and score on the next play would have been irrelevant had they gotten the initial call right. So in reality, zero points were taken off the board for Central in that sequence, but Powell did get a TD a few plays later.

The OPI call was questionable. WR definitely extended his arms to get separation, but it wasn't egregious. I think you have to let that contact go as an official.

I haven't seen the goal line stand replay enough, so I can't comment on that. Even if they make that call, Central still has one down to get 1-2 feet. No guarantee that they get it. They had all kinds of trouble in short yardage situations last night.

Either way, this game was closer than the 34-3 margin we saw in the 4th. There were some rough calls that hurt Central, but I'll never apologize as a fan who's the beneficiary of those calls. Unfortunately, that's a part of the game sometimes. If these two meet up again, I'm sure things will play out differently.

I was under impression Powell was penalised more than Central

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I was under impression Powell was penalised more than Central

Yes they were, but other than the no call on the off sides on the goal line, I think that most on here are questioning the outcome of plays that gave Powell the ball when it should have been going to Central. 

• Upvote 1

Central wasted an opportunity. The swing pass misses and pick 6 in the 1st QTR set the tone for the game. It seemed on TV one team was ready and one team was hoping. I'll agree that Powell benefitted from two blown calls, the muffed punt and fumble. 

Both QB's looked mediocre, which translated to the WR's air show being shelved.