Gordonsville @ Coalfield

PanchoandLefty

23 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

I went to Huntland last week and evaluated South Pittsburg on the Basin/Whitwell thread. 

I plan on going to Coalfield this week to evaluate the Jackets and the Tigers. I will share my findings here. 

Prediction: Gordonsville 31 Coalfield 20

My Week 5 notable east teams:

1. South Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Copper Basin

4. Coalfield

Currently on my radar:

Monterey

I’m glad to see you put Monterey on your radar. I’ve saw both Coalfield and Monterey as they’ve played Harriman This season. Coalfield is underrated and not a team you want to look over. Monterey, however absolutely impressed me. In my opinion they could be the best team we’ve saw all season and that’s including 3A Kingston who is currently 3-0. There’s nothing fancy about Monterey. They will just flat out run you over with fundamental football. Very defensively sound and a heck of a run game! 

I've watched a little film, and it's very possible that I am wrong. But, I think Gordonsville shouldn't have a problem with this game.

Coalfield has struggled more than they should have with some of the teams they played.

I don't know that we blow them away, but we should control the game.

Edited by croz6110

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I've watched quite a bit o film, and it's very possible that I am wrong. But, I think Gordonsville shouldn't have a problem with this game.

Coalfield has struggled more than they should have with some of the teams they played.

What games did you watch?  Every game has been over at half except Harriman.  We are real young this year,  out lines consist of 1 junior and a bunch of sophomore and freshmen.  Our Coach said at the beginning of the year that this will be a rebuilding year.  I was hoping that we could make something out of it.  

Edited by rtl112

14 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I've watched a little film, and it's very possible that I am wrong. But, I think Gordonsville shouldn't have a problem with this game.

Crozy, it sounds like the SP/Gordy quarterfinal game could be a good one.