Riverside vs Camden

Pantherpride45

Camden had some fight in them our defense was just too much to overcome 

1st quarter turnovers gave them hope but just didn’t capitalize when they should have 

i don’t talk much about coaching on here for the that I’ve been in that position but I was not impressed but Camden’s head coach at all he had a player down on our side our medic was accessing  him to check for injury when their  coach just grabbed him up without doing his own assessment not a cool move at all  

6 hours ago, Pantherpride45 said:

Camden had some fight in them our defense was just too much to overcome 

1st quarter turnovers gave them hope but just didn’t capitalize when they should have 

i don’t talk much about coaching on here for the that I’ve been in that position but I was not impressed but Camden’s head coach at all he had a player down on our side our medic was accessing  him to check for injury when their  coach just grabbed him up without doing his own assessment not a cool move at all  

That's typical Matt, seen him do it many times.   Matt is in it for Matt,  and himself alone,  he will use a kid for his gain and not blink a eye.  They are just a tool to him.   Their is a reason he isn't wanted anywhere he goes...

10 hours ago, Getafterit said:

Wow, Matt Matt as well get used to being the whipping boy for the next few years.  He is just lucky that Waverly talent made him look good for a few years... 

That's comical.  I believe you have the roles reversed.  Matt McConnell had some great years at Waverly and took them to the State Semifinals on two separate occasions.  Waverly historically is not "a powerhouse" as you can see by their overall history.  

Waverly Tigers Football Coaching History

Randall Boldin (10-6):  2019-PRESENT

Matt McConnell (50-13):  2014-2018

Trey Graves (32-61):  2005-2013

Eric Pullen (20-41):  1999-2004

James Thaxton (10-12):  1997-1998

Andy Daniels (5-6):  1996

Mike Maloney (6-5):  1995

Ray Hampton (78-39):  1992-1994; 1983-1989 (the stadium is named after him)

Robert Brown (10-11):  1990-1991

Ray Hamption coached 10 years at Waverly overall.  Matt McConnell coached 5 years at Waverly overall.  He won 28 more games in 5 extra years.  Do the math.  

Edited by howdoitknow

20 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

That's comical.  I believe you have the roles reversed.  Matt McConnell had some great years at Waverly and took them to the State Semifinals on two separate occasions.  Waverly historically is not "a powerhouse" as you can see by their overall history.  

Ray Hamption coached 10 years at Waverly overall.  Matt McConnell coached 5 years at Waverly overall.  He won 28 more games in 5 extra years.  Do the math.  

So how long you think it will take for the Camden program to turn around?

Do you realize the talent that has come through waverly from 2014-2018? 

Im not doubting Camden will get back to winning but the only good team that is consistently good in their Region is Fairview so I can see them making the playoffs every year. 

Just curious of when this Camden powerhouse is going to pop outta nowhere.

Edited by vandyfan1

12 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I get where you're coming from, but if you don't believe Waverly had talent when McConnell was there, you need to go watch film or read some of the post's on here. In '16 we were a tough minded, fairly athletic well oiled machine of a football team who had just beaten the #1 ranked and undefeated Adamsville team... we outcoached Waverly and had a shot to win that game, but as I said then, we had no business being on the field with the talent that the Tigers had. Their line was big and nimble and their QB was great, but the backs and receivers on offense and LB's and DB's on defense were beasts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Im not doubting Camden will get back to winning but the only good team that is consistently good in their Region is Fairview so I can see them making the playoffs every year. 

You say that about Camden's region but Waverly's region is Waverly and Riverside.  That's it.  Camden will be in that region in 2021 and 2022 based on their latest enrollment numbers.  

Scotts Hill, Hickman County, East Hickman, Houston County, etc. are no better than Stewart County, Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham County annually.  Any of them could potentially be strong on a given year but any of them could also struggle on a given year.  

41 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I get where you're coming from, but if you don't believe Waverly had talent when McConnell was there, you need to go watch film or read some of the post's on here. In '16 we were a tough minded, fairly athletic well oiled machine of a football team who had just beaten the #1 ranked and undefeated Adamsville team... we outcoached Waverly and had a shot to win that game, but as I said then, we had no business being on the field with the talent that the Tigers had. Their line was big and nimble and their QB was great, but the backs and receivers on offense and LB's and DB's on defense were beasts.

If Trezevant doesn't cheat Waverly is playing for a State Championship a few years ago under McConnell.  100% Fact.

38 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea they expect talent to “pop out of nowhere”. Just like the kid that moved to Camden from Las Vegas this year. Oh and can’t forget Deshawn Brown who moved to Camden from Chicago. Amazing. I bet some “new” kids move into Camden the next several years. They definitely don’t have the talent “yet” and it’s hard to win without it.