Are Region Games Optional?

Shawshank

Metro Nashville is resuming play this Friday as I understand it. Gallatin was originally scheduled to play Hunters Lane on 10/2 and Glencliff on 10/30. Gallatin has replaced those region games on its schedule with Henry County and Northeast. With Metro resuming, is Gallatin required to revert back and play those region opponents on those dates? And if not, what is the result of those games considered if Hunters Lane and Glencliff are able and willing to play Gallatin? It is presumably no longer a COVID forfeit, right?

Can someone help me understand how this wackiness will play out?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, crimsontide43 said:

Metro should take the L's. You cant make every one play by your rules. You chose a leader who kept you from playing. Votes matter

Not sure many of the kids who would take those L's voted, but I understand your sentiment. As a Gallatin fan, I'd much rather watch a game against Henry County than a game against Hunters Lane. But at the same time, it doesn't seem logical that we should be able to skirt around a region game. The reason I posed the original question is that Hunters Lane's current schedule doesn't show Gallatin on 10/2. It shows Antioch. If both teams rescheduled and both are able to play, does Gallatin still get a region W for standings under TSSAA rules or does neither team get a W? My instinct is that Gallatin should be required to play Hunters Lane on 10/2 if both teams are playing that night, even if it's a boring game for fans.

It’s a great and logical question. It’s a mess it seems and the TSSAA really hasn’t stepped up to explain it properly. Who should play who in the remaining weeks and how they will go about seeding from these affected regions that have a wide range of records and opponents. If I was them, I would think about scrapping the current playoff system for this year and select all the playoff teams based on Region Record/Overall Record or some connected formula. Then, geographically set the brackets after that selection occurs.

My gut feeling is that TSSAA has not stepped up and explained things because they feel like they do not have to. In football region games are pretty much set in stone. Obviously things are different this year so you have seen many no contests. However in regards to metro, now that they are allowed to play I strongly suspect the TSSAA will hold teams to the region schedule. Some may not like it and better games may have been scheduled but if you want in the playoffs you better play your region games. Just my opinion of what the TSSAA is thinking. 

20 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Some may not like it and better games may have been scheduled but if you want in the playoffs you better play your region games. Just my opinion of what the TSSAA is thinking. 

Facts!! Now if you still have a bye week left, you can still play one of the teams you all replaced.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

My understanding is that Hunters Lane did not want to play this contest and since Henry Co had already been scheduled in their place it will not be played.  Having to redo your schedule then undo it can cause a huge ripple effect for other teams.  I have heard mention however that Glencliff might get back on the schedule but I have not heard anything definitive yet.   

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

My understanding is that Hunters Lane did not want to play this contest and since Henry Co had already been scheduled in their place it will not be played.  Having to redo your schedule then undo it can cause a huge ripple effect for other teams.  I have heard mention however that Glencliff might get back on the schedule but I have not heard anything definitive yet.   

I hope the HC v GALLATIN game happens. I believe It's our toughest game left before playoffs. And if it gets canceled there no telling who we would play if anyone. 

39 minutes ago, RollRed said:

I hope the HC v GALLATIN game happens. I believe It's our toughest game left before playoffs. And if it gets canceled there no telling who we would play if anyone. 

We have no easy games with this schedule. Wilson Central is a suprising team, Henry County, Beech, Hendersonville, Clarksville NE. Gonna be a lot of tough games and we gotta get healthy before playoffs. 

Just now, thegreatone36 said:

We have no easy games with this schedule. Wilson Central is a suprising team, Henry County, Beech, Hendersonville, Clarksville NE. Gonna be a lot of tough games and we gotta get healthy before playoffs. 

I feel you.  Just about all the clarksville teams are not very good this year that's all we have left.