Coalfield/Gordonsville Cancelled

Jeremiah

On 9/23/2020 at 6:59 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Do you think taking the temp before entering helps? 

Well it may catch someone with some sort of infection in their system but highly possible not Covid. A very high percentage of “Covid positives” do not run a temp. I was told by a college medical staff 95% or higher of the Covid positives they are seeing never run a temp and have almost no noticeable symptoms. Right, wrong, agree or not this is leading to a growing lack of “fear” of Covid. I’ve heard people say it was nothing at all but a pain to have to quarantine. Many that feel they may have been exposed are probably not going to be inclined to speak up (if not contact traced) not wanting to test or quarantine especially if they have no symptoms. They don’t want to put others into quarantine due to contact tracing guidelines. I know a college football player that has been quarantined twice due to two different roommates testing positive. He’s missed 20 plus days of participation and been in lockdown and tested negative both times. He never caught the virus from his roommates. At this point he wouldn’t mind catching the virus and get it over with to keep from having to live in lockdown for nothing. Then you have football players in college testing positive and then testing negative and showing no antibodies so a fair number of false positives. A lot of these players say if it wasn’t for the required testing protocols they would have had Covid and never knew and never thought a thing about quarantining. I guarantee you we all have been exposed to Covid positive individuals and possibly contracted it and either didn’t know or we never got it. I’m not pointing fingers but this whole Covid situation is getting more insane the more we learn and the more the stats keep coming in. How long do we continue to react as we are now? Do we live like this until there is a vaccine knowing that it is very possible that will take awhile to cycle through to everyone & also knowing a possibly high % of people will not choose to get the vaccine? Is it another year, 2 years, or is there no known stop date? How many of you all would go get tested if you ran a temp or developed what seemed like a cold? I know a number of people who have and started feeling better...never testing. 

On 9/23/2020 at 9:38 PM, crow said:

Until a ballgame is determined to be the location all of this is irrational babbling. It could’ve been numerous places in a small town. The most likely one is probably the school itself. 1 positive in a high school setting with changing classes 5, 6 or more times per day and lunch or breaks could easily quarantine 80 students simply through contact tracing. Unless the “source” of exposure is announced its all purely speculation. 

It’s highly possible the thought “source” of exposure to another who tests positive was not the actual source. Could have caught from another “unknown source”. There’s more than a few of those around. There’s a lot of logical guessing going on. One would think that an individual would test positive after being exposed without a mask in close quarters two different times to two roommates. One roommate caught it from the other (supposedly & highly possible) but the other roommate never did. None had symptoms...just positive tests. It’s a mysterious virus for sure! 

On 9/24/2020 at 5:57 AM, orngnblk said:

I haven't had many run in with fans but did not care at all for the antics of their coaching staff a couple years ago.I have always had great respect for the Yellowjackets program Coach GK was top notch.

OZ coaching staff went on record on social media they never did such things towards the Cherokees. We are supposed to believe the kids were all liars. We all know most coaches get their nose out of joints occasionally, some warranted and some not so much. It happens, they are human & as competitive and passionate as the players are. The thing is just own it! Antics toward another coach or staff are one thing but when the players are involved it’s just wrong IMO.

23 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

You never know. That one player could be a carrier 

But he would still test positive at some point over 3 plus weeks of testing multiple times a week....right? Or are you saying he could have it and show no symptoms and never test positive? They are using both the PRC test & Rapid tests in combination. 

3 hours ago, ladykee said:

Ditto! :roflol: Those freshman show a lot of promise & had much success in their youth. They are growing & developing every game.

We need the line to just get in the way right now,too young to push these big linemen around just yet.OS and Oneida has some beef!Our skills I would put up against anyone other than SP right now but we have to block for a bit!:thumb:

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 12:21 AM, croz6110 said:

It was Coalfield's decision from my understanding, due to some of our players being exposed, not positive,  but exposed. 

Ahh SMH!!,Coalfield has one goal this year beat Greenback anything else is just in the way.I would say some Sr parents aren't too happy losing 2 or 3 games that should be played.

Shouldn't the goal of every program to be able to finish the season and not put teams, fans and communities at risk of contracting COVID-19.  Seems to me, the directive from TSSAA can/and is interpreted very loosely.  If you have a school with 377 and you have 80+ on quarantine, why would you want to take a chance and bring that exposure to any community?  Coaches and school administrators are constantly being bashed on social media with regards to putting $$ ahead of health.  Just my opinion, but it seems like everyone is in a danged if you do or danged if you don't situation.  Bottom line, health should come before $$.

• Upvote 1