2 WEEKS AWAY: POWELL AT WEST 10/9

keepitmoving

1 hour ago, keepitmoving said:

Here is the real strength of schedule per unapproved website 

10 Powell 6-0 9.5 +1
12 West (Knoxville) 6-0 1.5

+1

So as you can see.  Powell strength of schedule is 9.5 and West is 1.5 so not sure how you arrived at your numbers?  

Sunny Moore. Computer generated PR for Professional and College sports and Tennessee HS football. It only been around since 1974. You say real sos from an unapproved website, how is it real if it's unapproved?

5 minutes ago, OldandBusted said:

Sunny Moore. Computer generated PR for Professional and College sports and Tennessee HS football. It only been around since 1974. You say real sos from an unapproved website, how is it real if it's unapproved?

It's from unapproved website.  For some reason it did that automatically.  

2 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

It's from unapproved website.  For some reason it did that automatically.  

COACH T wont let me put the real name.  So fill in the blanks M A _   P R _ _ _  but it is the leading sight when it comes to HS Football around the country.

Edited by keepitmoving

Just now, keepitmoving said:

This sight wont let me put the real name.  So fill in the blanks M _ _ P _ _ _ _

You realize that sight is user driven? It's like wikipedia, the stats are provided by users. I simply used the numbers from the recreational site that i use to have a little fun watching NFL and College football. :thumb:

It's all in good fun.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OldandBusted said:

Just to bring a bit of prespective from a numbers standpoint. Power Ranking and Strength of schedule from the above mentioned teams. All numbers rounded because i'm lazy. 

Add +2 points to the difference in PR to the home team to get the predicted line

PR    SOS

West       146  119

Powell     145  129

Beech      141  138

Farragut   140  139

Oak Ridge 137  127

Central      135  124

AC               132  109

just realized though that Farragut could finish 8-2 with their only losses to Maryville and West.  They've beaten 4-1 Bradley Central and are likely to beat Science Hill.  The only real question left in their schedule is Dobynss-Bennett.  So I'll say Farragut at 3-2 isn't quite accurate.

Last year's regular season matchup was a thriller, with Powell stopping West on a game-winning 2-point conversion try in OT. West certainly had a chip on their shoulders after that loss, and it showed in the playoff rematch which the Rebels won comfortably.

I really want to pick Powell in this one, but I think West's running game is going to keep Powell's offense on the sidelines for a good portion of this game. Lowe didn't utilize his offensive linemen on defense very much against CC, but he'll have to against West if they want to get the W.

I'll take West, 31-27.

6 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Powell 28 West 24

Powell has been tested and this may be giving West a little too much but there defense may help get them to 24.

The fact that you think Powell is tested and  West isn't just mainly shows that you're an Anderson County fan. Farragut is showing they're a lot stronger than folks gave them credit for with wins over Bradley Central and Science Hill.  They're easily a 6a top ten team.  Beech, Central, and AC have fewer big wins combined than Farragut has alone. If Farragut Beat DB they'll have beaten three top ten 6a teams with losses only to Maryville and West.  js