Henry County @ Gallatin Week 7

PatriotNation

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

No he just made you look stupid by your behind comment.  

How would that make me look stupid? How am I supposed to know what his team is we are here on an HC GALLATIN thread. If that kind of stuff makes you feel stupid I feel for you and your small existence. 

Just now, RollRed said:

How would that make me look stupid? How am I supposed to know what his team is we are here on an HC GALLATIN thread. If that kind of stuff makes you feel stupid I feel for you and your small existence. 

Try again sunshine.  I am listening to the band.  

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

What happened to the good Patriot posters like QBclubprez and others that would take the win and not complain?  Heck you freakin won the game!  

I’m just a traditionalist I guess. Unwritten rules (even though it actually was a rule until 2003), gentleman’s agreement, sportsmanship, you know.. those type things. I wouldn’t call it complaining really, it’s more of just calling someone out on their petty bs when they try to act like it was innocent. I was actually excited to go to Gallatin, because all I heard were great things. I was very disappointed in the entire experience. Outside of the game, of course. Good luck to you guys, you have a heck of a band.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mmb said:

I’m just a traditionalist I guess. Unwritten rules (even though it actually was a rule until 2003), gentleman’s agreement, sportsmanship, you know.. those type things. I wouldn’t call it complaining really, it’s more of just calling someone out on their petty bs when they try to act like it was innocent. I was actually excited to go to Gallatin, because all I heard were great things. I was very disappointed in the entire experience. Outside of the game, of course. Good luck to you guys, you have a heck of a band.

Like I said, it’s perspective I guess.  When both bands are performing the band normally takes the 3rd quarter off or they used too.  This being a different year and all that goes with it.  I never had a problem with the band playing at any point for any team.  I have never seen an unsportsmanlike called for it before 2003 either.  Getting mad at a band of a team that you clearly were better on the field of play seems just petty.  The trash comments by some, not you, are just uncalled for.  If you watch the stream or heard the entire thing, then you know the people of Gallatin were praising your team before they took the field.  I have always had a pleasant experience in Paris even when we got shutout 5 years ago.  Plenty of places I would rather not play not go to.  I talked to several HC people this past Friday night and all were nice.  The rude comments are not doing the GOOD fans justice.  I have been on this forum for a long time and only Hendersonville fans have been this disrespectful after a win.  It’s pretty dang sad!  

7 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Like I said, it’s perspective I guess.  When both bands are performing the band normally takes the 3rd quarter off or they used too.  This being a different year and all that goes with it.  I never had a problem with the band playing at any point for any team.  I have never seen an unsportsmanlike called for it before 2003 either.  Getting mad at a band of a team that you clearly were better on the field of play seems just petty.  The trash comments by some, not you, are just uncalled for.  If you watch the stream or heard the entire thing, then you know the people of Gallatin were praising your team before they took the field.  I have always had a pleasant experience in Paris even when we got shutout 5 years ago.  Plenty of places I would rather not play not go to.  I talked to several HC people this past Friday night and all were nice.  The rude comments are not doing the GOOD fans justice.  I have been on this forum for a long time and only Hendersonville fans have been this disrespectful after a win.  It’s pretty dang sad!  

You can defend it all you want, but I stand by what I said. I’ve only heard one HC fan say it wasn’t petty, and that was our PC guy. I don’t think I’ve said anything disrespectful at all. You and everyone else in Gallatin just disagree, and that’s okay. There were a few other things that rubbed me wrong too, but I let those go to focus on the topic at hand. The Gallatin fans I came into contact with were very cordial and friendly. I have no control over anyone else’s posts but my own. Oh, and I’ve seen two flags thrown for this very thing. One in 1993 and the other in 1999. The only reason I say that is because you’ve mentioned it twice now. Good luck to you guys.

13 minutes ago, mmb said:

You can defend it all you want, but I stand by what I said. I’ve only heard one HC fan say it wasn’t petty, and that was our PC guy. I don’t think I’ve said anything disrespectful at all. You and everyone else in Gallatin just disagree, and that’s okay. There were a few other things that rubbed me wrong too, but I let those go to focus on the topic at hand. The Gallatin fans I came into contact with were very cordial and friendly. I have no control over anyone else’s posts but my own. Oh, and I’ve seen two flags thrown for this very thing. One in 1993 and the other in 1999. The only reason I say that is because you’ve mentioned it twice now. Good luck to you guys.

I personally have never seen it, nor a warning that I remember, for band related sound.  Again, it’s a matter of perspective, it’s happened a lot over the years and it’s no big deal.  I can see how if I was an opposing team how it could be annoying being on the same side but it’s normal for the band to play during the game.  This year is just weird having to social distance.  I would prefer the band to be on the home side but it is what it is.  I am just glad we are playing!!  Your opinions are your opinions but it’s not illegal and I am sure it will continue.  If it’s not illegal then there should not be an issue.  Continuing to bring it up serves no purpose.  It was not liked, noted.  I hated your visitor side before it was fixed.  No big deal at the time.  Things change.  I am sure the next time we play something else will be the topic.   Good win last night, congratulations.  We here are hoping to improve before the playoffs but we have a really hard road ahead.  I like Watson and think he does a good job with what he has to work with.  The staff is solid and nobody is happy with the current losing streak.  If we get better we get better if not so be it.  Lessons are being learned.  

48 minutes ago, mmb said:

If I’m the “PC guy”, I said it wasn’t petty because I’ve heard our band playing during opponent drives literally dozens of times over the years :roflol:

It started when Hendersonville did it at our place during a playoff game one year that we lost. We played them in the semifinals the following year and returned the favor (and won heavily), and I know we’ve done it many times since then. 

Your opinion is more than welcome, but we’ve been guilty of this apparent transgression on many occasions ourselves lol 

• Like 2