Waverly at East Hickman

Trollin

7 hours ago, vandyman1010 said:

You must be on the staff at Waverly since you know so much about it.  I know this is the second half of the season and dates are slim.  I just don't think you know all the facts.  You guys still have to beat Riverside, so I wouldn't be polishing your district rings just yet.  

I’m pretty sure Gary Harris would have played us! He would have nutted up! What do you think he would have done? 

it was a huge let down to both FV and Waverly when the County, not just the school admin, cancelled the game at 3:00 on Friday, and also cancelled all activities for two weeks.  Both FV and Waverly ALWAYS look forward to this game.  Its usually one of the best games on our schedule.  Waverly brought it and beat us last year.  We would have played this game without many starters but we were going to strap up anyway.  Both schools worked very hard to get this game back on the schedule but it could not be worked out.  Both teams needed to focus on regions games in this weird year.  

East Hickman also cancelled the game with us because they were missing a couple of kids.  They come into our community and talking about how good they are this year and how they are beating 3A teams.  They avoided our game and not stepping up with Waverly.  East Hickman is taking advantage of this only to make themselves look better.  Their coach and admin is dodging their region so they can finally say they went to the playoffs.  All teams should be fluid and work on letting the kids play.   We went to Lebanon on Saturday without any practice for two weeks and played  6A team.  Yes, we got drilled but our boys were happy to be on the field.  The parents were happy to see them on the field.  

Great job East Hickman.  That's a great lesson you are teaching the young men in your program.  No wonder this country is is full of people running from hard work and commitments.  

Edited by FVJackets
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

it was a huge let down to both FV and Waverly when the County, not just the school admin, cancelled the game at 3:00 on Friday, and also cancelled all activities for two weeks.  Both FV and Waverly ALWAYS look forward to this game.  Its usually one of the best games on our schedule.  Waverly brought it and beat us last year.  We would have played this game without many starters but we were going to strap up anyway.  Both schools worked very hard to get this game back on the schedule but it could not be worked out.  Both teams needed to focus on regions games in this weird year.  

East Hickman also cancelled the game with us because they were missing a couple of kids.  They come into our community and talking about how good they are this year and how they are beating 3A teams.  They avoided our game and not stepping up with Waverly.  East Hickman is taking advantage of this only to make themselves look better.  Their coach and admin is dodging their region so they can finally say they went to the playoffs.  All teams should be fluid and work on letting the kids play.   We went to Lebanon on Saturday without any practice for two weeks and played  6A team.  Yes, we got drilled but our boys were happy to be on the field.  The parents were happy to them on the field.  

Great job East Hickman.  That's a great lesson you are teaching the young men in your program.  No wonder this country is is full of people running for hard work and commitments.  

Thank you for this post. Good clarification from an outside source. Lots of respect for Fairview and their posters. Good luck Friday night. Hopefully we get to play Saturday against someone. McEwen is now scheduled for us Saturday but now I’m hearing they are having COVID issues. Hopefully we can find another opponent if they can’t go Saturday

7 hours ago, FVJackets said:

East Hickman also cancelled the game with us because they were missing a couple of kids.  They come into our community and talking about how good they are this year and how they are beating 3A teams.  They avoided our game and not stepping up with Waverly.  East Hickman is taking advantage of this only to make themselves look better.  Their coach and admin is dodging their region so they can finally say they went to the playoffs.  All teams should be fluid and work on letting the kids play.   We went to Lebanon on Saturday without any practice for two weeks and played  6A team.  Yes, we got drilled but our boys were happy to be on the field.  The parents were happy to see them on the field.  

Great job East Hickman.  That's a great lesson you are teaching the young men in your program.  No wonder this country is is full of people running from hard work and commitments.  

Best post in all this crap.  It is about the kids and playing. You are 100% with everything you said.  You learn something about yourself, teammates, and program each and every game.  They learned a lot about themselves this week.  I hope somehow, someway we get to see them soon.   Good luck Fairview and see you all next season.