Waverly at East Hickman

Trollin

8 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Man to be honest we are still in Preseason mode. I don’t know if we would be worth the drive at this point. We just haven’t had the field time we need. I think we are a quarterfinal team if we can get some dang playing time. I feel confident in saying we could challenge anybody next year and the year after but that’s wishful thinking. We got a freshman QB that played excellent in the Scott’s Hill game also. So much to look forward to this year and the years coming.

I was going to ride with family. I’ve got no problem watching football Friday and Saturday night 

24 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

I just ask a East Hickman parent. They have 13 players quarantined until next week. 

Also... we played against Scotts Hill with numerous amounts of starters out. Think we played all freshmen and sophomores and 2 seniors who were on the line. No excuse 

If you have read of my posts, you will know I support letting the kids play!  Play every game you can this season as you never know if you will get a next game.  

Even if you don't have all your starters, you give the next kid in line a chance to get better.  That makes your team better. 

The other coaches across the field will see the other team is short handed and will adjust his team accordingly.  Most coaches are stand up guys and have the best intentions for the kids.  Notice I said MOST.  Some are different.  Teams should be ready to play anyone at any time.  You have a practice today to change formations and put in a new plan.  

Let the kids play.  

23 minutes ago, FVJackets said:

If you have read of my posts, you will know I support letting the kids play!  Play every game you can this season as you never know if you will get a next game.  

Even if you don't have all your starters, you give the next kid in line a chance to get better.  That makes your team better. 

The other coaches across the field will see the other team is short handed and will adjust his team accordingly.  Most coaches are stand up guys and have the best intentions for the kids.  Notice I said MOST.  Some are different.  Teams should be ready to play anyone at any time.  You have a practice today to change formations and put in a new plan.  

Let the kids play.  

I agree 100%

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

OMG! 

Wonder the reasoning behind the decision!?!

@Southtowner what you think?  You always give a fair assessment.

I'll hold my thoughts and bridle my tongue until I have reviewed all the evidence.  

Yall know this is going to be an unprecedented year and there will be things that'll happen that most, some, maybe even all of us won't agree with.  But still these things will happen.

Honestly I haven't kept up with too much from some of these topics and conversations on here.  I just know some schools are having a difficult time finding games when one gets canceled. Been a frustrating year for me with so many things happening so quickly and unexpectedly from one side of the state to the other,  its enough to make ones head spin.  

I'd like to think that rules are in place that would benefit all, but that's wishful thinking.  I'd like to think the rules that are in place will be abided by and not manipulated by others and that's just more wishful thinking on my part because I know how some folks can be.

Maybe in the long run each individual case that arises would be better suited being looked at and not governed by a hard set rule. But then would that even be fair and who would decide that and would any, some or all agree to that? 

Yeah, I've said a lot after having said I'll hold my thoughts but on this particular incident I just don't have enough to go on as I'm in the dark as to what has transpired. And why.