2A Sonny Moore Power Ratings 9/28

Trollin

1 hour ago, JohnDutton said:

Peabody is going to walk to Cookeville.  If you notice, 4 out of these top 5 will be on one side of the playoff bracket.  Take TC for example.  If they were to get to Cookeville, I think their road would be (without any upsets happening) 1st round easy team, 2nd round Bledsoe, 3rd round Watertown, and 4th round Meigs.  Keep in mind this is just an example, I'm not saying that TC will go that far.  Just simply pointing out the road on one side of the bracket.   Tough Road for sure!  But like Ric Flair always said, "To be the man, you got to beat the man!'  WOOOOOOOOOO!

In 2017 there were 5 top 10 teams in region 7. The one that didn’t make the playoffs could have competed with tyner. 

27 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

And you say this sight / unseen?

Well you fellas assume Peabody has a easy walk to the Gold ball game right? Not you specifically but it was said ,I could also go out in a limb and say the semi final games in 18 and 19 was the real GoldBall games,it's all a matter of opinion,and opinions are like buttholes we all got one and most stink, including mine time to time ! 14 and 17 was gauntlets for PHS and UC,so I guess it's all relative and doesn't matter,we aren't but a bit over halfway thru the season and the "east" excuses seem to have started " with some" no where near all though ! I know your a good program at WaterTown and TC and Meigs but to down play the Tides path there as well as the fact that 2 years in a row the east was silver ball winners is a chump move ! Heck the East couldn't of beat Fairley ,they choked or we wouldn't have,lol. I respect you all a ton so pls don't ever think I don't . Not trying to start the old East West war,just know whoever comes outta the West is gonna be ready !!!

On 9/29/2020 at 9:35 AM, PHSRollTide said:

It’s probably due to the COVID situation right now. You have teams without a game under their belt holding strong because of last year’s results or teams winning games because or Covid forfeits by 1 and I’m sure that is messing with the formulas that Sonny Moore uses.

Meigs made a postive jump over Peabody after a covid win ,which is weird. I don't know of any polls that look great right now ,the ap is always homerish ,M A X P r ep seems off,Sonny is the closest but maybe at this point covid is still making it janky ! I dont think any of us on here believe the polls to be the good book but they are fun to argue about 

13 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Well you fellas assume Peabody has a easy walk to the Gold ball game right? Not you specifically but it was said ,I could also go out in a limb and say the semi final games in 18 and 19 was the real GoldBall games,it's all a matter of opinion,and opinions are like buttholes we all got one and most stink, including mine time to time ! 14 and 17 was gauntlets for PHS and UC,so I guess it's all relative and doesn't matter,we aren't but a bit over halfway thru the season and the "east" excuses seem to have started " with some" no where near all though ! I know your a good program at WaterTown and TC and Meigs but to down play the Tides path there as well as the fact that 2 years in a row the east was silver ball winners is a chump move ! Heck the East couldn't of beat Fairley ,they choked or we wouldn't have,lol. I respect you all a ton so pls don't ever think I don't . Not trying to start the old East West war,just know whoever comes outta the West is gonna be ready !!!

2016 the championship was played during the Semifinals at Crump stadium. Waverly would have beat Marion that year. Even the Memphis guys where talking about it.

5 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Meigs made a postive jump over Peabody after a covid win ,which is weird. I don't know of any polls that look great right now ,the ap is always homerish ,M A X P r ep seems off,Sonny is the closest but maybe at this point covid is still making it janky ! I dont think any of us on here believe the polls to be the good book but they are fun to argue about 

I’m going to see Meigs and SP next week anxious to see both these teams so can compare!

2 hours ago, JohnDutton said:

Yep!  Who will be the team on the other side that "may" potential give Peabody a game in the playoffs?

Lewis, and McKenzie are both good I believe. Probably the best the West has to offer behind Peabody.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I agree 

I'm pretty sure Trousdale, and Watertown are pretty much about the same as us. Their schedule is brutal. 

We should really make a thread for this topic. It would be fun and some would be but hurt, but it may open some eyes as well. If it's not done when I get home from work I'll do it.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

I would put Lewis or McKenzie over anyone in the East besides Meigs plain and simple ! 

Not so fast.  Trousdale and Watertown could play 10 times and split 5/5.  With that being said, both of these would beat Lewis or McKenzie by 2 TDs.  I've seen all 4 play. Watertown played terrible against TC and still won.  TC had about 4 starters out as well (no excuses).  You let Watertown and TC enter into the playoffs healthy, and you will be very surprised.  Peabody seems to be the only team anyone from the other side is worried about.  Looks like they are on task for a 3 PEAT, but anything can happen.  1 week at a time.