South Pittsburg @ Meigs County (Captain Victory vs Tiger King Fitz)

Southtowner

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

According to Massey, South Pittsburg played and defeated the Panthers of Collinsville Alabama Friday Oct 2 ,  58-0.

What is this mess?  Did Grider sneak down to Alabama and play this game?  No one told me anything about it.  I went to Cornersville Friday night , not Collinsville.   Smh.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=37007&s=319659

It was a good game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Not seen the weather forecast, that's unfortunate. I doubt it will be moved since its televised. 

Thanks!  Not that I wanted the game rescheduled just was curious so I could make arrangements for Thursday IF they did reschedule it.  The weather channel this morning had it at 90% chance and over 1" ( that has been changed last I checked )    personally I would just about sit through a hurricane to watch the pirates play! 

Just now, oneyewilly said:

Thanks!  Not that I wanted the game rescheduled just was curious so I could make arrangements for Thursday IF they did reschedule it.  The weather channel this morning had it at 90% chance and over 1" ( that has been changed last I checked )    personally I would just about sit through a hurricane to watch the pirates play! 

I've sat through some uglies watching Meigs as well. 

48 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It looks like Meigs is having their annual pig roast before this year if you get there early enough folks. It's good eats and plates are to go this year due to the covid if any interested.

Where will this pig roast be?  Is it a whole pig skin and all over an open fire?  Or just cuts of a pig in a smoker?  How’s that diner in the middle of town?  Will you meet up with several of us either before or during the game?

4 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Where will this pig roast be?  Is it a whole pig skin and all over an open fire?  Or just cuts of a pig in a smoker?  How’s that diner in the middle of town?  Will you meet up with several of us either before or during the game?

Pig roast is mostly just pulled pork and they serve you a baked potato, cole slaw, and baked beans. That's what they had last year anyhow. La Hacienda is a half a block away if you like Mexican food. Of course we have a McDonalds and Hardees and Dixons Barbq all less than a mile from the school to name some others. I'll also gladly meet anyone whos willing. Preferably before the game or even after if anyone wants to meet up. Once I'm in the stands with my camera I normally dont come down till the game is over. Ofcourse you can sit on the good guys side and we can chat the whole game if ya want.