South Pittsburg @ Meigs County (Captain Victory vs Tiger King Fitz)

Southtowner

2 minutes ago, powerp said:

When Kelly gets cleared he will add a whole different dimension to our offense. I could be very wrong, but I think if we play defense like we did in the second half of tonight's game we're going to be a handful for a lot of teams in November. The offense, hopefully, will get there. Just too many mistakes tonight. Hats off to Meigs on a great, hard fought, win. Both teams will improve from this.

Old Pirate says the Pirate defense played tough. The Tigers found their Honey Hole and kept visiting it, much like the old 46 play of the Pirates. The Pirates overall played tough D did not give up anything cheap. Personally OP was thrilled to see 4 quarters of ball to the wall competing! 

56 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I felt we outplayed South Pitt for quarters 1, 2, and 4. Quarter 3 definitely goes to them. Sp when clicking is an outstanding football team. They didnt have a bad game we just have a good team as well. Sometimes good teams are able to take you out of your rythm and that's what happened tonight I believe. 

Well said Yeti. Proud of the heart and mental toughness our boys showed to get back in the game. Meigs regained momentum on that 12 play 4th quarter drive. That’s the sign of a very well coached, fundamentally sound, hard nosed football team. Best of luck the rest of the way. Expect us both to be in Cookeville this year.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Hahaha need to read what I posted. "If you pony up." Not sure you can come up with the money or let him in on the house flipping. Hmmmm..... 

Won’t be no pony up ... the next head coach is done deal and he knows it as well. I’m hearing jasper is gonna bring him in as DC next year. It’s where his kids go.. he’s gotta have a job to flip houses...

59 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

South Pittsburgh will mercy rule whoever comes from the west 

That statement has nothing to do with what was quoted. Until tonight I thought Fayetteville was the most undisciplined, shoot yourself in the foot team in 1A. No excuses for the lack of discipline and execution shown in a game of this magnitude. If they really have as many transfers as the announcers said on the telecast I sincerely hope they can mercy rule any 1A team in the southeast. 

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

This is widely known,  even sp posters have said that in the past.  Equal talent most times equals getting out coached, thats why Vic, in his swan song has gotten kids from Hixson, East ridge and several other states.  The talent level is lopsided in sps favor now in 1a.  Sp is a better program than Marion, but they only have one more gold ball to show and one more runner up.  Frame us your Mr football winner in 1a, that kid is electric. 

A lot of what you say is the truth except that Vic Grider didn’t go out and get kids. Your an idiot if you really believe that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sportman said:

No excuses bud. Y'all beat us. I'm just stating the facts.  The two turnovers killed us and our QB was not helping for most of the game. 

3rd quarter would’ve been 21-21 had the pass to Reggie Hunter not been low. Timing in passing game is just off. The snaps have to get fixed or we need to go under center. If that pass is completed. He breezes to a TD. Safety over top was cross on other side of field. Just didn’t make the play. We had a few like that tonight. We completely took the momentum away when we made it 21-14 but just couldn’t finish. #34 is tough and ran hard tonight. I personally think Meigs is in Cookeville come December and we see a repeat of last years state game. 

Edited by TonyHorton91281