Gibson Co at Waverly

Trollin

Waverly returner muffs a punt right before halftime ,ball hits his hand then leg , Gibson County picks up fumble and runs it in for touchdown.  Refs waive it off and gives Waverly ball back. Proves to be difference in game. That one hurt. Good football game in really cool setting. Fog rolled in and out all night. Gonna be a long sore ride home for the GC boys. 

Edited by Sunni

6 hours ago, Sunni said:

Waverly returner muffs a punt right before halftime ,ball hits his hand then leg , Gibson County picks up fumble and runs it in for touchdown.  Refs waive it off and gives Waverly ball back. Proves to be difference in game. That one hurt. Good football game in really cool setting. Fog rolled in and out all night. Gonna be a long sore ride home for the GC boys. 

Well wouldn't have been a score anyways. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can advance a muffed punt. 

13 hours ago, Sunni said:

GC is a decent football team when healthy. Have had kids out all year long for whatever reason. I do believe GC is a better team than Adamsville and gets the 4th spot if all of their personnel is on the field. Sounds like from the comments that GC played a decent Waverly team tough which I like to hear. Game next week at GC will be for the 4th playoff spot. I am sure the game could go either way but I have seen both teams and I do like GC’s chances in this one at home.

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Waverly had 2 key starters out for sickness. 2 players got injured, 1 might be for season. And 2 players ejected for personal fouls. Tough start back. Gotta get the rust knocked off and hopefully get everyone back by Riverside 

Dang looks like I might have been right about Waverly having to move up to 3A check out the new tsssa enrollment number 561 for Waverly. 

5 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Dang looks like I might have been right about Waverly having to move up to 3A check out the new tsssa enrollment number 561 for Waverly. 

Want a cookie? Have to wait and see where TSSAA sets classification numbers first. Camden some how dropped like 200 kids enrollment. Looks like they will be 2A. Crazy