Sullivan South vs Greeneville

timcraw

5 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

What kind of offense are y’all running now with the coaching changes the past couple seasons? Just curious.

Same as it has always been since 2007.  Everything is based off the Spread and different variations of that depending on other teams D.  The OC this year is Cody Baugh who came back to his Alma Mater after being the head coach at Cherokee.  He was the OC under Ballard during our first championship runs and Ballard was his OC when he was the QB at Greeneville in the early 2000’s.  Cody was the first Mr Football Finalist to be nominated for Greeneville since Dustin Moore won it in 1993. Great player, Coach, and knows how to put up some points.   

Edited by Swipes

9 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Same as it has always been since 2007.  Everything is based off the Spread and different variations of that depending on other teams D.  The OC this year is Cody Baugh who came back to his Alma Mater after being the head coach at Cherokee.  He was the OC under Ballard during our first championship runs and Ballard was his OC when he was the QB at Greeneville in the early 2000’s.  Cody was the first Mr Football Finalist to be nominated for Greeneville since Dustin Moore won it in 1993. Great player, Coach, and knows how to put up some points.   

Good deal,  sounds like y’all got all the pieces in place to make another deep playoff run. Quality coaches make all the difference for sure.

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Good deal,  sounds like y’all got all the pieces in place to make another deep playoff run. Quality coaches make all the difference for sure.

Thats one thing about the Staff at Greeneville they have been there a long time.  The O Line Coach since 2007, Spradlen the HC since 07, Cody Baugh was there from 07-15 and returned as the OC this year (Spradlen and Baugh played college ball at Tusculum together), LB's Coaches have been there the last 10 years and both played College ball. 

This team is young but reminds me of the 09 team a bit that that started 2-3 before getting through the growing pains and finishing runner up to Giles County 21-14 Bo Wallace's Senior year.  The following 2 years the matured and won back to back state championships.  The athletes and talent is there for sure with several being in the future stars games and family athletic backgrounds, it's putting it together and living in the weight room like the past championship teams did.  I still remember the likes of Cade Ballard, Cameron Hite, Dorian Goddard, Ty Youngblood, Chris Everhart, and Will Albright go from young athlete Kids as freshman  to Grown men their Junior and Senior year after committing like they did to the weight room.  It's where high school football is won 

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Thats one thing about the Staff at Greeneville they have been there a long time.  The O Line Coach since 2007, Spradlen the HC since 07, Cody Baugh was there from 07-15 and returned as the OC this year (Spradlen and Baugh played college ball at Tusculum together), LB's Coaches have been there the last 10 years and both played College ball. 

This team is young but reminds me of the 09 team a bit that that started 2-3 before getting through the growing pains and finishing runner up to Giles County 21-14 Bo Wallace's Senior year.  The following 2 years the matured and won back to back state championships.  The athletes and talent is there for sure with several being in the future stars games and family athletic backgrounds, it's putting it together and living in the weight room like the past championship teams did.  I still remember the likes of Cade Ballard, Cameron Hite, Dorian Goddard, Ty Youngblood, Chris Everhart, and Will Albright go from young athlete Kids as freshman  to Grown men their Junior and Senior year after committing like they did to the weight room.  It's where high school football is won 

Coaching is everything.If I remember correctly, someone told me a lot of those guys were playing up in middle school.I think they got hammered by Sevier middle and Robinson beat them in the playoffs.Robinson beat Sevier for the championship.Now, four years later Cades junior class beat that combined team called DB... Strength and conditioning plus a great staff all over the field was the backbone of those last two championships.Pretty good athletes didn't hurt anything.

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

447-21- Overall points scored in Greeneville’s current seven game winning streak over Sullivan Central that dates back to 2000. That's pretty close to breaking the scoreboard. That's a run run run it UP.

..lol.  :o

Ha,ha,today folks are so scared of hurting little Johnny's feelings. Back in 1923 Greeneville had a terrible team and do you think other schools were afraid of what was said by smoking those poor Devils . Those Devils scored a total of 20 points that year and gave up 300 plus,not scoring in most games.Unicoi county beat Greeneville 64-0 one Friday in Greeneville.Two weeks later, Greeneville went and played at their place in a rematch.After everybody made a big deal about Unicoi running up the score,what do you think happend in the rematch ? I'll tell you, Unicoi beat Greeneville 120 - 0 !! Point is, most folks in life will run over you if you can't do anything about it .

Edited by BatmanDevil

6 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Ha,ha,today folks are so scared of hurting little Johnny's feelings. Back in 1923 Greeneville had a terrible team and do you think other schools were afraid of what was said by smoking those poor Devils . Those Devils scored a total of 20 points that year and gave up 300 plus,not scoring in most games.Unicoi county beat Greeneville 64-0 one Friday in Greeneville.Two weeks later, Greeneville went and played at their place in a rematch.After everybody made a big deal about Unicoi running up the score,what do you think happend in the rematch ? I'll tell you, Unicoi beat Greeneville 120 - 0 !! Point is, most folks in life will run over you if you can't do anything about it .

Lol ...yeah very true

On 10/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, Romansfive8 said:

It Sounds like your avoiding the questions that I and Swipes asked.  The freshman, 2nd team, 3rd team have just as much of right to play to their full potential as the other team, and that means scoring also either on defense or offense like it or not.  What good does it do to not let your freshman, 2nd team, 3rd team that put in the hard work/practice each week to not let them play to their full potential when they have an opportunity?  What is the coach supposed to tell them?  Please let us know tj3775.  We know your trolling. Have a good day.

I'm not trolling anything. There has to be a better way when someone is getting beaten like this. 

2 hours ago, tj3775 said:

I'm not trolling anything. There has to be a better way when someone is getting beaten like this. 

You still didn’t answer any of the questions....What would you have done if you were the coach?  Tell your team to just walk off the field because the other team couldn’t stop your freshman players?  

The clock ran the entire 2nd half.  Starters where pulled in the 2nd quarter.  Greeneville returned the opening kickoff, had a TD on bad snap on a punt and avg starting at the 40 yard line.  Greeneville has the ball a total of 15 1-2 min the entire game compared to 33 1/2 for Central who ran 66 plays compared to 38 by Greeneville 

30 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What would that way be??

Not saying this is how it should be, but...    In the Elizabethton/Science Hill game earlier this year an Eliz player intercepted a pass very late in the game and had a clear pick-6, but instead chose to run out of bounds.     I suppose we could all argue for/against what that Eliz kid did...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Great example Batman! My wife’s uncle Edmond “Bull” Congdon was a starter on that Erwin team as a Freshman. Erwin was the headquarters for the Clinchfield RR and kids who could really play in East Tennessee whose dads worked for the Clinchfield were transferred to Erwin. He also stated that several boys were 20 or 21 years old. They beat everybody like they did Greeneville.

Edited by noonesfool