Class 2A state playoffs

Goldenpride

On 10/11/2020 at 11:34 PM, TCRadio said:

Looking ahead at likely region3/4 pairings:

R4 #1 Watertown vs R3 #4 Tellico Plains    

R3 #2 Marion vs R4 #3 

R4 #2 Trousdale vs R3 #3 Tyner      

R3 #1 Bledsoe vs R4 #4      

Region 4 scenarios, Jackson, Cascade, Westmoreland, and East Rob all have 1 region win against each other, JC beat ER, ER beat Cascade, Cascade beat JC, Westy beat JC. So I believe JC would have to beat TC or H2O to get in and don’t think that’s going to happen so they are out, If ER beats Westy Friday they would be in unless JC wins a game, Westy plays ER this Friday and Cascade at end of the year, those will be close ball games but I think Westy finds a way to beat ER and Cascade so I would predict them to be 3 seed, leaving cascade, ER, and JC with a 3 way tie best record at that point would eliminate ER, so then it would go to head to head between matching 5-5 record of JC and Cascade and Cascade won that game so Cascade would be in at the 4, still some work to do on the back half of Region 4 but those are my guesses 

With ER's Groves potentially done for the year (Thats what I heard Friday but dont know for sure), go ahead and put a nail in their coffin. W11 Westmoreland vs. Cascade could be for 3rd place. 

Bledsoe barely beat a undefeated Monterey. Monterey has not played anyone yet. the 5 teams they have beat have combined for 11 wins (2 Covid) and Jackson Co. was the only team with a winning record (Monterey won 12-6). I know comparing scores can get you into trouble BUT.....

The above guides me towards the thought that R3 will look very familiar in Quad 2. And if thats the case, I pray that all are healthy. It will be another classic if so. 

19 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

With ER's Groves potentially done for the year (Thats what I heard Friday but dont know for sure), go ahead and put a nail in their coffin. W11 Westmoreland vs. Cascade could be for 3rd place. 

Bledsoe barely beat a undefeated Monterey. Monterey has not played anyone yet. the 5 teams they have beat have combined for 11 wins (2 Covid) and Jackson Co. was the only team with a winning record (Monterey won 12-6). I know comparing scores can get you into trouble BUT.....

The above guides me towards the thought that R3 will look very familiar in Quad 2. And if thats the case, I pray that all are healthy. It will be another classic if so. 

I think the Cascade vs Westmoreland game will be a good one. They are both very similar to each other.

I don’t have a dog in ya’lls 2A playoff but I do have one prediction. Lewis County goes undefeated or loses one game to a good team then rolls into the playoffs. They will proceed to beat some weak team from another region that probably should not be in the playoffs. Then, when they finally do face some average to good team in the second round, they will get beat.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

We think alike on this 1

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I don’t have a dog in ya’lls 2A playoff but I do have one prediction. Lewis County goes undefeated or loses one game to a good team then rolls into the playoffs. They will proceed to beat some weak team from another region that probably should not be in the playoffs. Then, when they finally do face some average to good team in the second round, they will get beat.

Same story different verse

14 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

How’s Page going to do in the playoffs this year?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1