AP TOP 10 CLASS 1A OCT 12, 2020 SPECIAL GUEST SONNY MOORE

Southtowner

25 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

One of the things I noticed about this AP 1A poll:   SP loses by 7 to the undefeated 2nd ranked AP 2A Meigs County at their house and apparently there's blood in the water for some of these voters.

6 of the 15 first place votes went to 3 other schools.  5 of those 6  first place votes are to other 1 loss teams as well.    3 of those 5 to a school that got beaten by Jasper, = Jasper the school that wanted no part of South Pittsburg.   :popcorneater:

No single A team in the state is within 40 points of SP if they play a decent game. Too much speed and athleticism    . As a matter of fact they could probably not play well against any 1A team and still win comfortably. Oh I left out size by the way they have plenty of that too. 

Edited by nakedbootlegger

10 hours ago, nakedbootlegger said:

No single A team in the state is within 40 points of SP if they play a decent game. Too much speed and athleticism    . As a matter of fact they could probably not play well against any 1A team and still win comfortably. Oh I left out size by the way they have plenty of that too. 

Whew wee hoss. They better play better than what I saw on Friday. I know Meigs is a very good team, but they looked... well they looked like a team that hadn’t played. LMBO

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Whew wee hoss. They better play better than what I saw on Friday. I know Meigs is a very good team, but they looked... well they looked like a team that hadn’t played. LMBO

Exactly my point. So much talent they can not play for 3 weeks and hang right in there with possibly the best team in 2A. Hate to see how bad they beat 1A teams after they get into shape. You just don’t see talent like that in 1a ball. They had a heck of an off-season. 

13 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Exactly my point. So much talent they can not play for 3 weeks and hang right in there with possibly the best team in 2A. Hate to see how bad they beat 1A teams after they get into shape. You just don’t see talent like that in 1a ball. They had a heck of an off-season. 

Please put some clothes on nakedbootlegger. :roflol:

16 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Pirates are blessed with talent but lots of work to accomplish with that talent.

Edited by piratetom

27 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

I see your point. I noticed watching the game last week several of the new kids don’t even start. The really big kid we have plays sparingly. I did notice many of our traditional  household names around SP playing a lot of ball though for us the other night.  Frame, Sanders, Walters, Stone, Cagle, Mount, Powers, Moss, Lewis, Reynolds, etc. 

12 hours ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Pretty sure I heard that last year too 

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Pirates are blessed with talent but lots of work to accomplish with that talent.

Watching practices and I see a special team. Those type games will happen and it happens to everyone. Ask Al. this past week. The pirates will be fine! I'm not worried in the least about the state of our football team.

11 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

Pretty sure I heard that last year too 

I would like to see some evidence of that. Greenback was the favorite with 3 d1 players on their team and a QB who started for Maryville. Post some evidence where someone said SP was a 40 pt favorite or you just another buzzard feasting on the kill.