AP TOP 10 CLASS 1A OCT 12, 2020 SPECIAL GUEST SONNY MOORE

Southtowner

14 minutes ago, team69 said:

Watching practices and I see a special team. Those type games will happen and it happens to everyone. Ask Al. this past week. The pirates will be fine! I'm not worried in the least about the state of our football team.

I'm not worried either. Just need the motors running every play not just when the sense of urgency hits. This team is definitely special and I'm not sure they realize just how good they can be.

Edited by piratetom

4 minutes ago, team69 said:

I would like to see some evidence of that. Greenback was the favorite with 3 d1 players on their team and a QB who started for Maryville. Post some evidence where someone said SP was a 40 pt favorite or you just another buzzard feasting on the kill.

SP might very well beat any team this year by 40 but no one knows truly what most teams have. Ranking teams this year when most haven’t played but a few games or had a full roster might get some feelings hurt in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Orangecountry said:

SP might very well beat any team this year by 40 but no one knows truly what most teams have. Ranking teams this year when most haven’t played but a few games or had a full roster might get some feelings hurt in the end. 

I haven’t seen where anyone from SP has said they are 40 better than anyone. I know it didn’t happen last season either. Anyone with a brain knew there were 4 teams last season that were all pretty close.  

26 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Copper Basin loses to 2-5 McMinn Central, but only falls to fourth? Still pulls first place votes? Someone care to solve that one for me?

SP pulled every first place vote last week.  After a 7 point loss to undefeated 2nd ranked Meigs County on the road SP loses 6 first place votes.   Like team 69 said,  buzzards feasting on road kill. 

10 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

SP pulled every first place vote last week.  After a 7 point loss to undefeated 2nd ranked Meigs County on the road SP loses 6 first place votes.   Like team 69 said,  buzzards feasting on road kill. 

I get that, and you kind of have to expect them to lose a few votes after a loss, regardless to whoever. But I wouldn’t expect them to lose votes to Copper Basin after they just lost to McMinn Central.