Bradley @ William Blount

TnBear

23 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

No sir, we just haven't been remotely competitive with Bradley since we started playing them again five years ago and we had a chance to win the game last night. That is progress.  And we have a young team too. Believe me, our guys were upset to lose last night. I was too, but as a guy who has been watching WB for well over a decade I have more perspective. We are making progress as a program.

Same here, we were within an easy FG inside the 10 of beating Elizabethton.   Its just so frustrating to get so close so many times and still come up short

13 hours ago, DaBears1976 said:

You normally get a lot of penalties in that area. It's right up there with Mcminn and rhea. Floyd has actually done a tremendous job on the discipline part this year. Very few flags up until tonight. Home or away. 

The most hilarious comment in this thread is a Bradley fan complaining about officiating.  :roflol:
It's well known when you play at Bradley in football or girl's basketball, the phantom calls appear when Bradley's opponent is doing well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaBears1976 said:

The Bears will probably hate practice Monday. Bradley should have most likely rolled away with it last night. 10 point win didn't serve any justice. I do give WB tons of credit tho. They held in and fought, never gave up to keep it close after  Bradley's mistakes, turnovers and everything else.  That game was just ugly. 

According to stats in the morning paper BC had 21 first downs to WB's 7....BC had 503 total yards to WB 169.....I was not at game and did not see the game but how in the heck was the final score only a 10 point margin.  Did your 3 turnovers lead to 3 td's for WB?

34 minutes ago, jake said:

According to stats in the morning paper BC had 21 first downs to WB's 7....BC had 503 total yards to WB 169.....I was not at game and did not see the game but how in the heck was the final score only a 10 point margin.  Did your 3 turnovers lead to 3 td's for WB?

YES . ALSO HAD OVER 100 YARDS OF PENALTIES. BRADLEY COULD HAVE SCORED EVERY TIME THEY HAD THE BALL.

44 minutes ago, jake said:

Yes, the game was not even close. Turnover and penalties killed Bradley. 

3 hours ago, jake said:

We had short fields because we were getting good returns on every kickoff. We started off inside the 50 multiple times. That obviously affected our yardage. We also had a few turnovers that helped Bradley build a lead.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

We had short fields because we were getting good returns on every kickoff. We started off inside the 50 multiple times. That obviously affected our yardage. We also had a few turnovers that helped Bradley build a lead.

Hmmmm. the paper said BC had 3 turnovers and WB had 1 turnover.....Maybe I read it wrong

7 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

The most hilarious comment in this thread is a Bradley fan complaining about officiating.  :roflol:
It's well known when you play at Bradley in football or girl's basketball, the phantom calls appear when Bradley's opponent is doing well. 

When I was in Tennessee, I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard “When you go to Rhea Co. you have to play the officials too.” First off, there is no such thing as a Rhea Co. official. Officials are assigned to different locations each week. Also, you would pick up the paper Saturday morning, and you would see where Rhea had 10 penalties for over 100 yards, while the other team had 6 penalties for 50 yards. 

Just now, chs1984 said:

When I was in Tennessee, I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard “When you go to Rhea Co. you have to play the officials too.” First off, there is no such thing as a Rhea Co. official. Officials are assigned to different locations each week. Also, you would pick up the paper Saturday morning, and you would see where Rhea had 10 penalties for over 100 yards, while the other team had 6 penalties for 50 yards. 

Hahaha...... go back a few years when Rhea played West back in 2013 or 2014 I believe.... funny that a couple were from the Rockwood area... The worst officiated high school football game I have ever seen on my television screen.....

Tackle is always eligible in a Pemberton offense.... hahahahaha

2 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Hahaha...... go back a few years when Rhea played West back in 2013 or 2014 I believe.... funny that a couple were from the Rockwood area... The worst officiated high school football game I have ever seen on my television screen.....

Tackle is always eligible in a Pemberton offense.... hahahahaha

Can’t argue with you there Knox. It was the 80’s and 90’s when I was in Tennessee.