Kingsport vs Johnson City!!!..Or EASTMAN vs ETSU!!

8 hours ago, Indian2424 said:

Will there be anymore tickets left at science hill or should I just go ahead and plan on watching it from home, not sure how away tickets are being handled this year

As of 2pm, SC announced they had 23 tickets left they would make available at their ticket office for the visitor’s side.  If you don’t mind sitting on their side, I imagine they’ll sell tickets right up until start of game or until announced sell out.

3 minutes ago, Gradfan56 said:

As of 2pm, SC announced they had 23 tickets left they would make available at their ticket office for the visitor’s side.  If you don’t mind sitting on their side, I imagine they’ll sell tickets right up until start of game or until announced sell out.

I would NEVER sit on the side with JC fans, and if there's only 23 left I'll just enjoy it and be stressed out watching it at home lol

I

47 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

I would NEVER sit on the side with JC fans, and if there's only 23 left I'll just enjoy it and be stressed out watching it at home lol

It hadn't even occurred to me until I read this.Myself and another guy at my work from another crew,always set the other up for our shifts.Even though I pull hard for DB to win over SH,I forget sometimes that his son was one of the greatest to go to SH.He is the nicest guy you will ever meet and I'd put his work ethic against anyone I've ever met.That's coming from a guy who held two full time jobs until I was 40. He works full time at the Big E and runs a business as well. No big deal until you consider he is in his sixties and refs year around to boot.So I guess the thread name is a little off when you consider a lot of folks in the area live all over and work in Kingsport.I would as soon sit next to him as anyone at a DB vs SH game,so not all those HillToppers are bad guys !

1 hour ago, BatmanDB said:

I

It hadn't even occurred to me until I read this.Myself and another guy at my work from another crew,always set the other up for our shifts.Even though I pull hard for DB to win over SH,I forget sometimes that his son was one of the greatest to go to SH.He is the nicest guy you will ever meet and I'd put his work ethic against anyone I've ever met.That's coming from a guy who held two full time jobs until I was 40. He works full time at the Big E and runs a business as well. No big deal until you consider he is in his sixties and refs year around to boot.So I guess the thread name is a little off when you consider a lot of folks in the area live all over and work in Kingsport.I would as soon sit next to him as anyone at a DB vs SH game,so not all those HillToppers are bad guys !

Correct, I always pull for the Toppers except when they play Greeneville. I wonder if I played with the Dad?

28 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Correct, I always pull for the Toppers except when they play Greeneville. I wonder if I played with the Dad?

I'm pretty sure he played in west Tennessee.I hear you,I pull for DB even against the Devils if I have one playing for DB but unless a grand kid comes along ,I'm a Devil first.

Edited by BatmanDB

9 hours ago, lawnman said:

When we play SH all I hear in my head the next day is the phrase it’s another topper first down...:blink:

That is so annoying, and unfortunately we hear it way too often when Boone goes there.

We played Sullivan Central a few years ago, they had a tuba player who would break into a solo without the rest of the band when we had the ball, but he intentionally hit bad notes and it was painful.....   to this day Boone fans still debate which was more annoying

20 hours ago, Indian2424 said:

Will there be anymore tickets left at science hill or should I just go ahead and plan on watching it from home, not sure how away tickets are being handled this year

I bought mine on GoFan last week when they went on sale.  I think all the away tickets are now sold out because it's no longer listed on GoFan.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

That is so annoying, and unfortunately we hear it way too often when Boone goes there.

We played Sullivan Central a few years ago, they had a tuba player who would break into a solo without the rest of the band when we had the ball, but he intentionally hit bad notes and it was painful.....   to this day Boone fans still debate which was more annoying

I haven’t been to central for a while but if I remember right there visiting bleachers were dangerous.

12 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I

Didn't want to make it seem like I hated all JC fans, but if i had to sit in the middle of them and hear the "And that's enough for another HillTopper" and people yelling first down, I would go crazy. The only thing that's even more annoying is when the few parents on our side who try to get the chant going for us

3 hours ago, Indian2424 said:

Didn't want to make it seem like I hated all JC fans, but if i had to sit in the middle of them and hear the "And that's enough for another HillTopper" and people yelling first down, I would go crazy. The only thing that's even more annoying is when the few parents on our side who try to get the chant going for us

Maybe the DB defense will keep them from getting to many first downs.