Kingsport vs Johnson City!!!..Or EASTMAN vs ETSU!!

we were too cute for ourselves and didnt play to our strengths which has been running the ball and mauling people. We lost this game with 2 long drives that we went ALL the way down the field running and then we had to run the fake pitch play and Zane threw the pick, and the other drive that ended with the blocked FG for a TD, Both drives they couldnt stop us running it even when they knew it was coming. This couldve been alot easier of a game if we kept with the running game, Who ever is calling plays cost us this game, yes we gave up huge passing plays, yes we had a few costly penalties, but even through all of that is we keep doing what were best at we win this game

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The difference in this game is SH came to play and DB didn't. Add in the worst secondary of all time, and play calling that was even worse than I ever seen from that Clark guy. 

SHill was getting by their secondary all night. Also Shill defense front was in your backfield all night ,lot more athletic up front. 

Just now, nickleback said:

SHill was getting by their secondary all night. Also Shill defense front was in your backfield all night ,lot more athletic up front. 

look The Hill won the game congratz really, but to say they were in our backfield, on passing plays yes they were but they didnt take our running game away at all, we rushed for 235 yards tonight

3 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Running game was solid as usual but the passing game was crap and the miscues in the kicking game killed us.  Obviously the pass defense was poor also. 

"Obviously the pass defense was poor also"  Obviously what ever they've been doing for the past two years ain't taking them in the right direction. Gaines will never fix it. Say what you will. The proof is in the pudding. I've (we've) complained about the secondary for 20 years and we've had some bad ones. But honestly this is the worst secondary I've ever seen DB have. Science Hill is a average team. They had receivers open all over the field all game long.

5 minutes ago, Indian2424 said:

look The Hill won the game congratz really, but to say they were in our backfield, on passing plays yes they were but they didnt take our running game away at all, we rushed for 235 yards tonight

I'll give SH credit. Even if DB had pulled it out, over all Science Hill out played DB tonight. Really dumb play calling from the DB staff though. Ranks right up there with Karns and McMinn games. 

Well,I was watching several minutes behind what everyone else was seeing live in the second half.I guess the feed went out when the game was over. Fitting,the last two things I seen was DB going for a field goal and at that point I was thinking a couple of things and I'll just write one. I guess it's better then waiting until the playoffs to have this kind of pressure on the kicking game .Then the very last thing I seen was what happened and the return for a TD.I'm glad nobody was near Batman.It is what it is,and that game is over. Get ready for a completely different kind of team and move on.

25 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll give SH credit. Even if DB had pulled it out, over all Science Hill out played DB tonight. Really dumb play calling from the DB staff though. Ranks right up there with Karns and McMinn games. 

I feel your pain about dumb play calling.....  Boone cannot cover kickoffs against a good team, never have and never will, 10/20 years from now I will be saying the same thing.     If we cannot cover a kick the why in the blazes don't the coaches tell the kicker to boot it out of bounds and give them the 35?     All the fans in the stands are screaming "KICK IT OUT OF BOUNDS", the radio guys can see it, all the fans see it, but somehow our coaches think yeah this is going to be the time we turn it around.    Un-freaking-believable.     Sorry for the Boone rant WJ but bone-headed play calling just..... well you know....   alright, back to DB and SH...