Kingsport vs Johnson City!!!..Or EASTMAN vs ETSU!!

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I feel your pain about dumb play calling.....  Boone cannot cover kickoffs against a good team, never have and never will, 10/20 years from now I will be saying the same thing.     If we cannot cover a kick the why in the blazes don't the coaches tell the kicker to boot it out of bounds and give them the 35?     All the fans in the stands are screaming "KICK IT OUT OF BOUNDS", the radio guys can see it, all the fans see it, but somehow our coaches think yeah this is going to be the time we turn it around.    Un-freaking-believable.     Sorry for the Boone rant WJ but bone-headed play calling just..... well you know....   alright, back to DB and SH...

Maybe it's something to do with the initials db, & DB. I can think of something else that carries those same initials.  Might have to change the name of the schools. 

• Like 1

Man, I have only been a D-B fan for two years now... I now know why the PA guy at JFJ refuses to acknowledge "the team from Johnson City."  I think in these two years, I have grown to hate SH more than I ever hated my SWVA school's rivals in my previous 42 years before now.

So, what does this do for the playoff seedings now, because I don't have a clue in the case of a three way tie where there is no head to head tiebreaker.  Normally, I would have come home and crunched power point numbers with Virginia's stupid power points formula.  Thank God those days are over, even though I quite enjoy math.

I heard someone say leaving that we either needed to beat Alcoa (probably not happening) or need a Bearden win over SH next week (probably not happening either) to get the 1 seed.

As for the game tonight... probably JC's worst coaching job I have seen.  We miss more extra points than we make... why in the blue H-E-double hockey sticks are we trying field goals?  The deplorable pass defense finally caught up to us tonight as I was afraid all week it might.  I thought we would probably win another Wild West Shootout ala Farragut, but the Hilltoppers were better prepared than the Admirals.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Man, I have only been a D-B fan for two years now... I now know why the PA guy at JFJ refuses to acknowledge "the team from Johnson City."  I think in these two years, I have grown to hate SH more than I ever hated my SWVA school's rivals in my previous 42 years before now.

So, what does this do for the playoff seedings now, because I don't have a clue in the case of a three way tie where there is no head to head tiebreaker.  Normally, I would have come home and crunched power point numbers with Virginia's stupid power points formula.  Thank God those days are over, even though I quite enjoy math.

I heard someone say leaving that we either needed to beat Alcoa (probably not happening) or need a Bearden win over SH next week (probably not happening either) to get the 1 seed.

As for the game tonight... probably JC's worst coaching job I have seen.  We miss more extra points than we make... why in the blue H-E-double hockey sticks are we trying field goals?  The deplorable pass defense finally caught up to us tonight as I was afraid all week it might.  I thought we would probably win another Wild West Shootout ala Farragut, but the Hilltoppers were better prepared than the Admirals.

DB has now lost 7 of the last 8 games against SH. Before this run DB won 18 in a row. The games are almost always hard fought close games. Even by upper east tn. standards Science Hill is pretty average. I refer you to the Elizabethton or Farragut games this year. And Science Hill has more first round playoff game loses than even DB has. I think anybody with half a brain knows that neither DB or SH gets by the first round. And even if they did, you couldn't combine both teams and even score on Maryville. So all we really have here is bragging rights for the Tri-Cities. That ain't gonna' change. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB has now lost 7 of the last 8 games against SH. Before this run DB won 18 in a row. The games are almost always hard fought close games. Even by upper east tn. standards Science Hill is pretty average. I refer you to the Elizabethton or Farragut games this year. And Science Hill has more first round playoff game loses than even DB has. I think anybody with half a brain knows that neither DB or SH gets by the first round. And even if they did, you couldn't combine both teams and even score on Maryville. So all we really have here is bragging rights for the Tri-Cities. That ain't gonna' change. 

Whoever plays Ooltewah will get a win. I drove down when Crockett went to ooltewah they were awful Crockett should've won that game but they didn't.

4 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

So I guess it’s :

1. Elizabethton 

2. Greeneville 

3. Science High

4. Dobyns-Bennett 

Yep. The funny thing is when Clark retired (finally) Shawn Witten practically begged for the job and DB would barely talk to him. Now he is without question the best coach in upper east tn., with one state championship and headed for another. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Whoever plays Ooltewah will get a win. I drove down when Crockett went to ooltewah they were awful Crockett should've won that game but they didn't.

If Ooltewah has a guy that can throw a forward pass and a couple guys that can catch it in the other end then I wouldn't count my chickens if I were DB. It's that bad.

1 minute ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yep. The funny thing is when Clark retired (finally) Shawn Witten practically begged for the job and DB would barely talk to him. Now he is without question the best coach in upper east tn., with one state championship and headed for another. 

I thought y’all were pretty high on the new ball coach? Losing to SH two years in a row definitely ain’t gonna make him many fans.

41 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Man, I have only been a D-B fan for two years now... I now know why the PA guy at JFJ refuses to acknowledge "the team from Johnson City."  

What's the story with the PA guy.  I've never heard this one. 

On a side note, I'm not a supporter of either school, but watched the game on youtube while listening to WKPT ESPN radio stream.  It sounded like Steve Wilmoth doing the game,  but whoever it happened to be was one of the worst I've ever heard.  The commentating wasn't bad, but the constant whining about the referees was over the top.