Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Again, we disagree. I understand the Gallatin point of view. It positively impacts them. The TSSAA should have mandated all region games be played at all costs. Period. Gallatin is going to be the biggest beneficiary of this in every way possible. So, with all due respect, an opinion on this coming from a Gallatin fan is not worth much of anything. The TSSAA absolutely could have handled this better and they did not do all they could do.

The only way you could have guaranteed all Region games be played would have been to play them the first 5-6 weeks and then schedule afterwards the non regions.  For example how could Summit and Shelbyville make their game up now?

6 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

The only way you could have guaranteed all Region games be played would have been to play them the first 5-6 weeks and then schedule afterwards the non regions.  For example how could Summit and Shelbyville make their game up now?

You can’t now obviously. The argument I was making was when metro was released all those regions should have been mandated to play all their region games even if it needed to replace a non-region game down the stretch. That did not happen. Gallatin, for instance, played Collierville, Henry County, Wilson Central, and Hendersonville in that stretch and will not play Hillwood or Hillsboro, easily two of the top four teams in that region. They will only play Beech. If the TSSAA would have mandated those region games and then there was COVID craziness (like the Shelbyville situation) then oh well...at that point they would have done everything they could. However, they did not do everything they could unfortunately.

Edited by sportsguy22

I guess I kind of see your point but I also see the point of why is it Gallatins problem that a politician made a choice that hurt their teams.  I am in no way a Gallatin fan but ultimately at the point the TSSAA was following the govs recommendation.  No one had no way of knowing when the nut in Metro would let them play.  

• Like 1

The procedure for Covid and scheduling was laid out prior to the season starting. The vast majority of the games have been played with the exceptions of metro and Memphis. There have also been an amount of individual schools affected. Why would the TSSAA have mandated region games be played any other date than what was scheduled because local politicians and a superintendent thought differently. I hate what happened in metro and Memphis but why penalize everyone else? I think the TSSAA did everything they could given the circumstances. I think each team did everything they could given the circumstances. Lets just leave it at that. 

It could always be worse. At least we are playing football for the most part and not having our seasons cancelled all together. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

We know they are not actually playing 12 games. Common sense. But they get credit for 2 COVID region wins and so 12 games total will be included in their overall record.

Those Covid region wins won't count in their overall record, they replaced them with other teams.  Their regular season record will be 10 games.

Again, we disagree. I understand the Gallatin point of view. It positively impacts them. The TSSAA should have mandated all region games be played at all costs. Period. Gallatin is going to be the biggest beneficiary of this in every way possible. So, with all due respect, an opinion on this coming from a Gallatin fan is not worth much of anything. The TSSAA absolutely could have handled this better and they did not do all they could do.

And that is fine but Gallatin replaced “usual metro wins” with Collierville and Henry Co.  They would have done whatever the TSSAA said to do.  So, with all due respect an opinion coming from a fan of Shelbyville who wants an “easier” game in the first round is not much either.  Lol!!  

Just messing with ya!  Shelbyville is a class program.  

• Thanks 1

With that theory your opinion is worthless.  Its your opinion I understand and everyone is entitled to there own, but for you say our opinions as a Gallatin fan is not valid puts a light on your ignorance.   What's wrong did we beat you guys when you were in school and your still paissed.  I for one love the hate for Gallatin , probably a lot of whipped chapped #### on here.  Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

And that is fine but Gallatin replaced “usual metro wins” with Collierville and Henry Co.  They would have done whatever the TSSAA said to do.  So, with all due respect an opinion coming from a fan of Shelbyville who wants an “easier” game in the first round is not much either.  Lol!!  

Just messing with ya!  Shelbyville is a class program.  

I’m a fan of fairness and I admit to that. I also admit life is not fair and this year is crazy!! I’m also willing to admit that no matter who Shelbyville plays it won’t be easy whatsoever. Good teams and good coaches! The 6A region and the 3A region with the metro teams will work out unfairly too because of all this, so I’m actually looking out for everyone in all those regions and the regions they match up with in the playoffs. Just how my mind and personality operate. I also agree that Gallatin did nothing wrong. The TSSAA should have seen all this coming and been proactive. They could have done so and declined.