Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

Not sure how Hendersonville got dragged into this.  Blame lies in one place and that’s with Mayor Cooper.  I feel bad for your players, coaches, and your school.  No way Hville gives up a rivalry game that has been played for 56 years and carries with it a nice gate.  Good luck to your teams the remainder of the year. 

Don't feel bad for us we're good. I'm just making case that Hillsboro vs Gallatin game could have happened. You can throw rivalry games out the window this year, especially for a region game. I bet if Gallatin needed to play Hillsboro to get into the playoffs, best believe they would've ended that 56 year old rivalry!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Don't feel bad for us we're good. I'm just making case that Hillsboro vs Gallatin game could have happened. You can throw rivalry games out the window this year, especially for a region game. I bet if Gallatin needed to play Hillsboro to get into the playoffs, best believe they would've ended that 56 year old rivalry!!!

Hillsboro doesn’t need Gallatin to get into the playoffs though.  Your right though it could have/ no would have had they played on time like scheduled.  

The rules are the rules. I’m not saying I agree with them or not, but that’s what they are. This year has been a mess and the reality is o line even knew if metro was going to play. Beech has games scheduled to make up for it as well.

Am I right in hearing that Hunters Lane agreed to take the loss in the forfeit? 

19 minutes ago, eers said:

The rules are the rules. I’m not saying I agree with them or not, but that’s what they are. This year has been a mess and the reality is o line even knew if metro was going to play. Beech has games scheduled to make up for it as well.

Am I right in hearing that Hunters Lane agreed to take the loss in the forfeit? 

Yes, you are correct.  But only in region standings.  

Edited by GWAVE1

I’ll let you guys in on a secret; this year’s state champions will always have an asterisk by them. That is especially true for 6A, because of no Whitehaven. Also, White Station was suppose to have a good team this year. That’s not even factoring in the fact that more teams will doubtless be sidelined during the playoffs by Covid. Somebody will hoist a trophy in Cookeville in December, but they will have no claim of being the best in the state. 

4 minutes ago, chs1984 said:

I’ll let you guys in on a secret; this year’s state champions will always have an asterisk by them. That is especially true for 6A, because of no Whitehaven. Also, White Station was suppose to have a good team this year. That’s not even factoring in the fact that more teams will doubtless be sidelined during the playoffs by Covid. Somebody will hoist a trophy in Cookeville in December, but they will have no claim of being the best in the state. 

Not in my eyes.  Lots of obstacles other than who is across the field.  A championship is a championship.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chs1984 said:

Get off my lawn guy has shown up. Take that Gibberish elsewhere.

10 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Completely disagree! Gonna be tougher to win this year than any other year. It will be well deserved and very much earned. I was waiting for this excuse to pop up unfortunately. Knew it would come from teams that expect to lose in the playoffs or not make the playoffs at all. It’s a sad commentary on our world today...make excuses when things aren’t going your way. 

11 hours ago, District12AA said:

Get off my lawn guy has shown up. Take that Gibberish elsewhere.

Let’s you and I compare credentials on high school football, shall we? I’ll take the liberty of going first. I have been involved with high school football for over 35 years, with 5 different programs, in 2 different states, with multiple state championships, and I DON’T mean sitting in the bleachers. Your turn! 

Edited by chs1984