Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

1 hour ago, guthook said:

IF there's a covid forfeit in the playoffs (which is likely) then there will be an asterisk.  a school or district opting out is an entirely different endeavor.

Where do they put that asterisk on the trophy before the name or the school or after the word championship??  

7 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

No it won't be. As in every single year a lot has to go the right way for a team to be a champion. This year is no different. 

this is such a naïve response.  If a team gets shut down or loses multiple players due to covid quarantines then it's a huge deal.  It will happen in the playoffs.  It already happened in golf.  To argue otherwise ridiculous and uninformed.

I'm informed. Still have my own opinion. Last time I checked the usual contenders are still contenders with the exception of Whitehaven. They could be playing but the superintendent made his decision. 

I think what you really meant to say is if Maryville or Oakland gets hit with Covid it will be a big deal because most have one of them picked to win it already. If Franklin gets hit with Covid is it as big of a deal? 

I hope no one gets it but how will this be any different than a team getting the flu, a star player or two being injured, kids getting kicked off a team for various reasons, etc. 

Play who is in front of you and if you win the final game you deserve to be champions. 

Edited by workinprogress
  • Like 1

So, now that we sit where we are at and just to finish up this conversation and highlight the main point: In Region 6-5A, Beech has clinched the top seed, barring a more than improbable upset loss to Hillwood. Thus, Hillwood will clinch the 4 seed. Fair enough obviously. Common sense result. The issue is the 2 and 3 seed and it could be corrected even now since we know where we stand. We know that Gallatin will get second with a win over Glencliff but without games against Hillsboro or Hillwood. In my opinion, Hillsboro would easily defeat Gallatin and it probably wouldn’t be close due to all of Gallatin’s issues. I could be wrong obviously, which is why they absolutely should play this game next Friday. It only makes common sense to do so. Why waste the week with meaningless games? The winner is second and the loser is 3rd. Play the game wherever it was originally scheduled to be played at. It’s only fair. Glencliff and Hunters Lane can play each other again or find other opponents. They are already eliminated from playoff contention. But, again, it’s about fairness in Hillsboro’s case. Also, it is not like this can’t be accomplished. We know it can be done after all the craziness we’ve been through. It’s simple. Obviously, Gallatin would probably fight against it because they get a massive benefit by not playing. To be honest, though, there is no good excuse to not play the game. It’s the right thing to do, especially when Hillsboro was not allowed to play for five weeks...not their fault whatsoever. I say play the game...and they still can choose to do so.

Edited by sportsguy22

7 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

So, now that we sit where we are at and just to finish up this conversation and highlight the main point: In Region 6-5A, Beech has clinched the top seed, barring a more than improbable upset loss to Hillwood. Thus, Hillwood will clinch the 4 seed. Fair enough obviously. Common sense result. The issue is the 2 and 3 seed and it could be corrected even now since we know where we stand. We know that Gallatin will get second with a win over Glencliff but without games against Hillsboro or Hillwood. In my opinion, Hillsboro would easily defeat Gallatin and it probably wouldn’t be close due to all of Gallatin’s issues. I could be wrong obviously, which is why they absolutely should play this game next Friday. It only makes common sense to do so. Why waste the week with meaningless games? The winner is second and the loser is 3rd. Play the game where it was originally scheduled. It’s only fair. Glencliff and Hunters Lane can play each other again or find other opponents. But, again, it’s about fairness in Hillsboro’s case. Also, it is not like this can’t be accomplished. We know it can be done after all the craziness we’ve been through. It’s simple. Obviously, Gallatin would probably fight against it because they get a massive benefit by not playing. To be honest, though, there is no good excuse to not play the game. It’s the right thing to do, especially when Hillsboro was not allowed to play for five weeks...not their fault whatsoever. 

At this point I think it more about you not wanting to play Hillsboro..lol. 

Just now, BooWhoWiseMan said:

At this point I think it more about you not wanting to play Hillsboro..lol. 

You can believe that all you want. Not true. It’s about fairness for Hillsboro. I actually think it’s more about Gallatin not wanting to play it. Guarantee you Hillsboro wants to play it and deserves to get that opportunity to possibly play a home playoff game instead of having to trouble. Does anybody out there believe Gallatin is a better football team than Hillsboro? Does any honest Gallatin fan think they’ve truly earned second place and a home game? Those questions don’t really matter if they just play the game fair and square. We’ll all find out once and for all.

If I am not mistaken Hillsboro has had all away games anyway. Pretty sure they have been on the road each week. So what does Hillsboro gain by playing Gallatin. If it were for the region sure but it is not. 

And why are you so worried about being fair to Hillsboro. I haven't seen or heard anyone from that side complaining about something not being fair. 

Edited by workinprogress