Catholic vs Knox West

AllVol2012

10 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I hate to agree with Knoxvil but i agree...Catholic 35-West 20.

West defense will be facing the best offensive line and d1 athletes all over the field. Tee Martins son is no joke

I'll take West! Yes, Catholic faces some good competition, but so does West. Knoxville area 5A is no push over. Just ask the Catholic 2018 team that lost to Central at home in the semi's. And that Catholic team was loaded with D1 prospects. Tee Martin's son is a good athlete, but I think his calling will be baseball, not QB. 

The 3-headed rushing attack of West will give Catholic problems. West needs to keep Martin in the pocket!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dawgs82 said:

I'll take West! Yes, Catholic faces some good competition, but so does West. Knoxville area 5A is no push over. Just ask the Catholic 2018 team that lost to Central at home in the semi's. And that Catholic team was loaded with D1 prospects. Tee Martin's son is a good athlete, but I think his calling will be baseball, not QB. 

The 3-headed rushing attack of West will give Catholic problems. West needs to keep Martin in the pocket!

......and is there anyway to see this on TV?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

West has probably bitten off more than they can chew in this one.

With 3 weeks until playoff time, West is stupid for taking this game.  They are already dinged up at multiple positions, and there is  no good that can come out of this game for West.  Catholic most likely wont make the playoffs so they don't care to play.  This is to late in the season for West to be beating there chest.   .  

1 minute ago, keepitmoving said:

With 3 weeks until playoff time, West is stupid for taking this game.  They are already dinged up at multiple positions, and there is  no good that can come out of this game for West.  Catholic most likely wont make the playoffs so they don't care to play.  This is to late in the season for West to be beating there chest.   .  

“Beating their chest”? What does this even mean?? From a neutral observer, this seems like a great game for two nearby schools to schedule, especially when it’s forced to do so quickly. It draws a lot of fan interest, the players will love it, and it should be a great, competitive game! It also will be a perfect prep game for West heading towards the playoffs and a very possible run to Cookeville. I see zero harm. Nothing but positive, especially during a wild and crazy year. Makes total sense. Well done by both schools!!

Depends on which Catholic team shows up Friday.  They have been one of the most inconsistent teams I have seen this year, but much of that has to do with the fact that they have played relatively little football with both their own covid issues and issues of teams they were scheduled to play.  

But it should be a great football game.  

And cudos to Lamar Brown for taking this game instead of trying to find a lesser opponent or taking the week off.  

Edited by HTV
  • Upvote 1