6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

3 minutes ago, Alumn89 said:

Just my 2 cents....    I thought the Lady Cavs looked slow and sluggish the first quarter.  Just plain flat.    

After that.... they overmatched the white county/sparta  (depending on what day it is apparently) girls.   Just athletically, it wasn't a fair fight for the rest of the game.  Dodgen couldn't get open all night,  and nobody could stop Graves when she wanted to go to the hole.  

Will be interesting to see how the lady cavs handle stone tonight.  I'm hoping for a good contest. 

Totally agree.  They looked terrible that first quarter!  I don’t know what it was but they didn’t play well on either end.   Dodgen didn’t score the second half.  And Graves was a beast.  Another thing that wasn’t discussed here is Powers.  I can’t believe she didn’t start after seeing her play.  She is really good when she gets to her spots.   She was basically their offense the second half.  She is going to be very good. 

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Another huge 6AAA matchup tonight as Stone travels to Cookeville.  This is a dangerous game for Stone and a game that Cookeville sees as a RESPECT game.  While Cookeville doesn’t have a Tessa Miller, they do have a lot of weapons and will be in this game.  If they can keep Miller under 20, the Lady Cavs can win this game.    IMO Cookeville has to do two things to win.  They have to do what they do best which is play defense with lots of help on Miller.  And they need to shoot well from 3.   Can’t have a 2-15 from 3 night.   Lady Cavs looking to break Stone’s 7 game winning streak in the series.  Should be a thriller.

Other big games tonight

MC vs Upperman

Maryville vs Bearden

Clarkrange vs Pickett

Riverdale vs Stewart’s Creek

Loretto vs Summertown

I'm just gonna leave this here: stopping Tessa is not the only key to beating Stone. She is phenomenal. She is amazing. She is one of my favorite kids to ever have the good fortune to know- but just like last year when you thought Stone was a two woman team ( it wasn't,) it's not a one woman team this year. 

I don't know how this game will play out- honestly I don't. I know that Cookeville is athletic and scrappy and when they're on they are ON, so I'm not making a prediction. I am saying don't overlook the rest of the team. Scoring is still fairly balanced most nights. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buc1973 said:

I'm just gonna leave this here: stopping Tessa is not the only key to beating Stone. She is phenomenal. She is amazing. She is one of my favorite kids to ever have the good fortune to know- but just like last year when you thought Stone was a two woman team ( it wasn't,) it's not a one woman team this year. 

I don't know how this game will play out- honestly I don't. I know that Cookeville is athletic and scrappy and when they're on they are ON, so I'm not making a prediction. I am saying don't overlook the rest of the team. Scoring is still fairly balanced most nights. 

No disrespect to the other players was intended.  I am very familar with how good they are.   I only mentioned Miller because she is the obvious mismatch vs our team.  We are a guard heavy team with undersized post players.  So if we can limit the one player that obviously has a mismatch then we will be ok.  We match up well with everyone else.  I don't know how it will end up either but I do know we won't be posting up Miller trying to score!  :P

Respect isn’t given...it’s earned.   Lady Cavs hold on to win a great game.   The referees recently graduated from clown school and ruined a great game but it was a great game regardless.  Cookeville led almost from the tip.   Stone battled back and closed the gap each quarter but never led after a few minutes into the game.  That was two of the best half court defensive teams I have seen all year.  Miller was amazing as expected.   Cookeville really didnt help much and she scored a lot inside.  But I don’t think anyone other than Miller made a FG all night.  There may have been 1 or 2 but I don’t remember them.    Can’t wait for round 2.   

46 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Respect isn’t given...it’s earned.   Lady Cavs hold on to win a great game.   The referees recently graduated from clown school and ruined a great game but it was a great game regardless.  Cookeville led almost from the tip.   Stone battled back and closed the gap each quarter but never led after a few minutes into the game.  That was two of the best half court defensive teams I have seen all year.  Miller was amazing as expected.   Cookeville really didnt help much and she scored a lot inside.  But I don’t think anyone other than Miller made a FG all night.  There may have been 1 or 2 but I don’t remember them.    Can’t wait for round 2.   

I was wrong, Stone doesn't sweep Cookeville,  something special brewing . 

• Upvote 1

Impressive win last night for Lady Cavs.  Hats off to the coaching staff who obviously had the girls ready to play.   2-0.... lookout. 

Miller was a stud as usual.  Tough matchup is an understatement but our girls fought as hard as they could.  

The refs were pitiful.  Both ways IMO.  It was obvious even online that the Stone crowd and coaches thought the whistle was in CHS favor but I would argue that it really wasn't as much one sided as it just was bad.  It was the same way in the boys game.  

On 1/15/2021 at 11:32 AM, LadyCavsFan said:

Ok thats the most Sparta thing ever!   Stone plays Lebanon and WCHS takes the 2-9 team.    Seriously I can't make this stuff up  :roflolk:

If the schedule was put together before Christmas break, this White County/Houston game is a pretty good game. Houston is incredibly young (starting 3 freshmen), but lost their two best players for the year. Just before the season began, 6' 3" Mallory Collier moved to Atlanta and PG Brittani Wells was lost in a holiday tournament with an ACL. Wells is Houston's playmaker and now these 3 freshmen have to grow up alot faster than normal.

Credit White County. They shoot the ball well, but their defensive ball pressure is excellent. They play well together, but anytime you rely on the 3 ball, it can be rough when shots aren't falling. That wasn't the case last week, as they hit 8 3's and won by that same amount. Houston will be back next year, but WC will be a tough out in the postseason!

5 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

No let down tonight.  Cookeville dominates the game defensively.  Starters don’t play most of second half.  None of the 4th.  Win by 30 tonight over a much improved Warren County team.  Cookeville back at it tomorrow vs a dangerous Knox Catholic team.   

Looks like Cookeville could challenge Bradley this year. But Cookeville should beat Knox Catholic by 30 because the are not very good.

13 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

We have to play well.   They have some players but if we show up we will be ok.  We would love to play Bradley just not in first round of region.  

They lost to McMinn Central and they lost to Bradley by 40. You guys should have no problem. Definitely not the first round. Bradley and Cleveland are the top two, the rest of the district is way down. Is this the year for your region to host? If so the way I understand it, is the higher seed host all the way through. Winning the district is more important this year than ever.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

They lost to McMinn Central and they lost to Bradley by 40. You guys should have no problem. Definitely not the first round. Bradley and Cleveland are the top two, the rest of the district is way down. Is this the year for your region to host? If so the way I understand it, is the higher seed host all the way through. Winning the district is more important this year than ever.

Our tournament will be brutal.   Top three really close.  Not sure who will win it to be honest.  A lot of firepower in 6AAA.  We have a leg up right now with two big wins but we have a long way to go.   I am gonna miss these games next year when we move to Wilson Co district.    But this year is going to be fun.