6AAA 2020-21

LadyCavsFan

Cookeville cruised to an easy win vs Warren  Co.  Shot well, rebounded great, and locked down on D.  Should be a great game on Monday.  If Cookeville shoots like they did last night they will be district champs.   First one to 50 will take home the gold.  Hopefully they are ready to play Monday.  

The upset in Cleveland does make this game bigger as the loser will face the second best team in the other district in the opening round of Region but I like 6AAA in any of the top 3 matchups.   I predicted Bradley will lose in the semis earlier this year and I still think that happens this year.   They are a solid team and I know their home record but this is the first year in a vey long time that 6aaa had 3 teams that could compete with them.   And Cookeville wants nothing more than to send Stone down to BC as the #2 seed.  :grin:  It’s going to be a great game Monday.  Regardless of the winner,  the next few games are going to be wars.   I can’t wait to see what happens.  

2 hours ago, 85warrior said:

If it plays out like i think it will Stone(#1)will get in the same bracket as White County(#3). That becomes a tough bracket.

But who knows. That's why they play the games.

Yes. Wasn’t trying to slight White Co. But opening round game will be much tougher than playing East Ham.

14 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Cookeville cruised to an easy win vs Warren  Co.  Shot well, rebounded great, and locked down on D.  Should be a great game on Monday.  If Cookeville shoots like they did last night they will be district champs.   First one to 50 will take home the gold.  Hopefully they are ready to play Monday.  

The upset in Cleveland does make this game bigger as the loser will face the second best team in the other district in the opening round of Region but I like 6AAA in any of the top 3 matchups.   I predicted Bradley will lose in the semis earlier this year and I still think that happens this year.   They are a solid team and I know their home record but this is the first year in a vey long time that 6aaa had 3 teams that could compete with them.   And Cookeville wants nothing more than to send Stone down to BC as the #2 seed.  :grin:  It’s going to be a great game Monday.  Regardless of the winner,  the next few games are going to be wars.   I can’t wait to see what happens.  

I have a honest question. Why do you think you have three teams that can compete with Bradley? Based on scores of common opponents I would think there’s a big gap.

31 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I have a honest question. Why do you think you have three teams that can compete with Bradley? Based on scores of common opponents I would think there’s a big gap.

I am probably missing one, but I don’t see any common opponents with Bradley and Stone. 
I haven’t seen Bradley play this year, and I know they are good like always, so I really can’t speak to how they would match up with any of the 6AAA teams. 
As you know, sometimes teams just have closer match ups based on the strengths of each team. That could be what LadyCavs fan is getting at. 

Edited by buc1973

7 hours ago, buc1973 said:

I am probably missing one, but I don’t see any common opponents with Bradley and Stone. 
I haven’t seen Bradley play this year, and I know they are good like always, so I really can’t speak to how they would match up with any of the 6AAA teams. 
As you know, sometimes teams just have closer match ups based on the strengths of each team. That could be what LadyCavs fan is getting at. 

I was not really referring to Stone, the only common opponent is Cleveland and the margin of victory is about the same. I was talking more about Cookeville. I know matchups mean more than anything, but you can gauge some teams when they’re losing or barely beating average or below average teams. For example both Cookeville and Bradley played Knox Catholic twice. Bradley won with the combined score of 69 points and Cookeville with by 10. Cookeville also lost to an average Baylor team and Bradley won by 30+ So I look at that I think there’s a big gap between those teams. But I could be totally wrong and only time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I was not really referring to Stone, the only common opponent is Cleveland and the margin of victory is about the same. I was talking more about Cookeville. I know matchups mean more than anything, but you can gauge some teams when they’re losing or barely beating average or below average teams. For example both Cookeville and Bradley played Knox Catholic twice. Bradley won with the combined score of 69 points and Cookeville with by 10. Cookeville also lost to an average Baylor team and Bradley won by 30+ So I look at that I think there’s a big gap between those teams. But I could be totally wrong and only time will tell.

That makes total sense. This should be a fun region to watch for sure!

14 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Look I didn't say anything about BC not being good.  BC is BC and that's enough right there.  I have nothing but respect for that team and program.   I just think the talent gap has shrunk this season.  And the competition level that Cookeville played vs what BC played isn't even close.     I think that will make them ready for the challenge.  We did have a bad game against an average Catholic team but they shot lights out.   I think it was like 7-8 from 3 in the first half.  And we shot REALLY bad.   Its obvious that if we shoot bad then we can't compete with any of the top teams.  But if we shoot average then we will beat ALOT of teams and if we shoot well then we can beat anyone.   You want to talk about matchups but you didn't mention Stewarts Creek as a common opponent.  Go take a look at that comparison.   

BC is a great program with a great team.   I just think that this year since we have such high level competition at the top of our district that it will be tougher on them facing our #2 or possibly even Cleveland now.  Don't think for a second I am overlooking them.   Cookeville will have to play a good game to beat Stone, BC, Cleveland or whoever they face from this day forward.   And in this season they have had alot of bad  games and lost to some teams they shouldn't have.   They also have beaten many of the teams ranked in the polls this year.     But to get where they wan to go this year they can't have any more of those bad games. 

Also most people forget that Cookeville went on the road last year with a very young team too face BC in Region tourney and we led the entire first half.  BC was the better team the second half (especially in the 3rd quarter where I think we scored 3 pts).   A technical foul on the bench killed the comeback in the 4th.  And Cookeville couldn't convert on the last 3 possessions with BC making FT's at the end to stretch the game to 10-11 pts.   This is important because this Cookeville team is better than last years team and I don't think BC can say the same thing with what they lost.  But to be 100% honest,  I think Stone and WC match up better with BC than Cookeville.   Especially at the 5 spots.   But enough talking about it.   Proof is in the pudding.   Tonight's game will tell us if this team has the mentality it will take to win a championship.  If they can't win this game or make it a very competitive game then it will be hard for them to walk into BC and pull out a W.  It just takes a special team to do that.  Lets see what happens...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Look I didn't say anything about BC not being good.  BC is BC and that's enough right there.  I have nothing but respect for that team and program.   I just think the talent gap has shrunk this season.  And the competition level that Cookeville played vs what BC played isn't even close.     I think that will make them ready for the challenge.  We did have a bad game against an average Catholic team but they shot lights out.   I think it was like 7-8 from 3 in the first half.  And we shot REALLY bad.   Its obvious that if we shoot bad then we can't compete with any of the top teams.  But if we shoot average then we will beat ALOT of teams and if we shoot well then we can beat anyone.   You want to talk about matchups but you didn't mention Stewarts Creek as a common opponent.  Go take a look at that comparison.   

BC is a great program with a great team.   I just think that this year since we have such high level competition at the top of our district that it will be tougher on them facing our #2 or possibly even Cleveland now.  Don't think for a second I am overlooking them.   Cookeville will have to play a good game to beat Stone, BC, Cleveland or whoever they face from this day forward.   And in this season they have had alot of bad  games and lost to some teams they shouldn't have.   They also have beaten many of the teams ranked in the polls this year.     But to get where they wan to go this year they can't have any more of those bad games. 

Also most people forget that Cookeville went on the road last year with a very young team too face BC in Region tourney and we led the entire first half.  BC was the better team the second half (especially in the 3rd quarter where I think we scored 3 pts).   A technical foul on the bench killed the comeback in the 4th.  And Cookeville couldn't convert on the last 3 possessions with BC making FT's at the end to stretch the game to 10-11 pts.   This is important because this Cookeville team is better than last years team and I don't think BC can say the same thing with what they lost.  But to be 100% honest,  I think Stone and WC match up better with BC than Cookeville.   Especially at the 5 spots.   But enough talking about it.   Proof is in the pudding.   Tonight's game will tell us if this team has the mentality it will take to win a championship.  If they can't win this game or make it a very competitive game then it will be hard for them to walk into BC and pull out a W.  It just takes a special team to do that.  Lets see what happens...

well put lady Cav fan.it dont matter what common opponents do against each other this is district  and region time anyone can have a bad night. look at what Mcminn did to Cleveland,but i think bradley is better than last year young players have really started playing well but they still have a bad quarter  now and then