Creek Wood @ Springfield Wk 11 Region 5 Title game

brian2000

On 10/25/2020 at 2:49 PM, brian2000 said:

I like our speed rushers in this game. Will be interesting to see if they can make 2 uncomfortable back there. They like to roll him out at times. Red Hawks like to run read option with a pitch man so our run stuffers and LBs will have their hands full. Need the swarm. Put Gabe on their go to WR. Hope we don’t get the same officials we got in Greenbrier. My 2 cents. 

Red Hawks will want to run the ball the majority of the time. With FB32 up the middle, QB2 fakes handoff and takes off with it, or pitch it to WR 3 who has very good speed. They also like running some misdirection. The Jackets defense will have a nice test defending the run heading into Nov. I noticed when they played White House they had a few penalties go against them.  Defensively the Red Hawks will key in on  Hudson. We need to keep playing our game and not shoot ourselves in the foot. Red Hawks appears to have a good secondary with #2 at FS. I expect a good game from both teams as it will have a playoff feel to it...again.

The one big difference in these two teams, in my opinion, is their out of region schedule. They are night and day different in regard to level of competition when you look at them.

Springfield scheduled Wilson Central (6A), Clarksville (5A moving to 6 next year), Station Camp (6A dropping to 5 next year), and Marshall County (4A perennial powerhouse).

Creek Wood scheduled Dickson County (6A and county rival), then Harpeth, Camden, and Sycamore which are all 3A.

Will it make a difference come Friday night? It may or may not, that’s why you line up and get after it. I do think Creek Wood should try to step up their non region schedule other than Dickson County. I bet Fairview would play them. That would make for an outstanding game. I do understand travel could be an issue when trying to find teams to play and I don’t know if the others on the schedule are rivals or not. I also understand the type of crowd a team will bring plays into it as to the money at the gate but if you schedule a strong team I feel the crowd will come  

It only benefits a team come playoff time if you play a tough non region schedule. 

What good does 10-0 or 9-1 do you if you lose in round one of the playoffs? White House from three years ago is a prime example. They went 10-0 then lost at home to South Side in round two. They play no competition out of region that year. 

Edited by JacketLover

33 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

The one big difference in these two teams, in my opinion, is their out of region schedule. They are night and day different in regard to level of competition when you look at them.

Springfield scheduled Wilson Central (6A), Clarksville (5A moving to 6 next year), Station Camp (6A dropping to 5 next year), and Marshall County (4A perennial powerhouse).

Creek Wood scheduled Dickson County (6A and county rival), then Harpeth, Camden, and Sycamore which are all 3A.

Will it make a difference come Friday night? It may or may not, that’s why you line up and get after it. I do think Creek Wood should try to step up their non region schedule other than Dickson County. I bet Fairview would play them. That would make for an outstanding game. I do understand travel could be an issue when trying to find teams to play and I don’t know if the others on the schedule are rivals or not. I also understand the type of crowd a team will bring plays into it as to the money at the gate but if you schedule a strong team I feel the crowd will come  

It only benefits a team come playoff time if you play a tough non region schedule. 

What good does 10-0 or 9-1 do you if you lose in round one of the playoffs? White House from three years ago is a prime example. They went 10-0 then lost at home to South Side in round two. They play no competition out of region that year. 

I get what you’re saying about scheduling, but to be fair only Marshall county and Wilson central we’re competitive this year. And Wilson central aren’t exactly world beaters, better than Creek Woods schedule I agree. It’s just to me the jackets just don’t have that tough of a non region schedule either.

9 minutes ago, Hitchngo said:

I get what you’re saying about scheduling, but to be fair only Marshall county and Wilson central we’re competitive this year. And Wilson central aren’t exactly world beaters, better than Creek Woods schedule I agree. It’s just to me the jackets just don’t have that tough of a non region schedule either.

I can understand that. Wilson Central has actually turned out to be fairly decent. That is probably our best win of the year.  Station Camp has been down recently for sure. I think we’ve played them the last four years. Clarksville will always be one we play I would think, it’s supposedly the longest running series in the state up until this year due to Covid.