Gordonsville @ Monterey

TheJungle

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

That was our first real game in a month. We did come out sloppy and off, but I think the 2nd half was more like us.

We moved the ball and shut their offense down. I think they only had 2 first downs the 2nd half.

I can agree with that.  Just don’t come out flat against Monterey or they will be up by more than 2 scores at halftime

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

2 hours ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Just heard this DTC was going to Broadcast the game and was denied a wifi password to do so.  

Know for a fact our radio crew heard today they would not be allowed access to the pressbox. Classy move Monterey!

Our radio crew didn't have access to the Meigs pressbox but aired anyway.  Radio crew sat amongst the SP fans.  They still aired.

I'm not sure why they didn't have access but the tv crew was there as it was televised and seating was at a minimum.  TV crew even took up a section on the SP side and they restricted us further.  

25 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Our radio crew didn't have access to the Meigs pressbox but aired anyway.  Radio crew sat amongst the SP fans.  They still aired.

I'm not sure why they didn't have access but the tv crew was there as it was televised and seating was at a minimum.  TV crew even took up a section on the SP side and they restricted us further.  

That stinks.  Our radio guys will be there. I understand them wanting to be safe but if we keep these guys on the schedule after they move to AA this is fast becoming a bit bitter rivalry! Must be something about the purple and white Unis that does it to folks!

3 hours ago, MainStreetBengal said:

Just heard this DTC was going to Broadcast the game and was denied a wifi password to do so.  

Know for a fact our radio crew heard today they would not be allowed access to the pressbox. Classy move Monterey!

Not sure if the case but when I listen to Monterey’s broadcast on YouTube they talk about being crammed into a small space already.  They also talk about having issues with wifi.  Maybe it’s literally just a space issue.  

3 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Not sure if the case but when I listen to Monterey’s broadcast on YouTube they talk about being crammed into a small space already.  They also talk about having issues with wifi.  Maybe it’s literally just a space issue.  

Monterey wiped out the visiting side bleachers when it was redone so everyone is on the home side now. Monterey is not allowing the radio crew from Gordonsville to broadcast in the press box, limiting them to only 150 tickets. Gordonsville would have more fans there than Monterey if allowed. But now a lot of fans have no way of even listening to Gordonsville tomorrow night unless Monterey decides to broadcast it their self. 

28 minutes ago, roll-tide said:

Monterey wiped out the visiting side bleachers when it was redone so everyone is on the home side now. Monterey is not allowing the radio crew from Gordonsville to broadcast in the press box, limiting them to only 150 tickets. Gordonsville would have more fans there than Monterey if allowed. But now a lot of fans have no way of even listening to Gordonsville tomorrow night unless Monterey decides to broadcast it their self. 

Monterey broadcasts all of their games if internet access allows them 

51 minutes ago, roll-tide said:

@Southtowner I believe you were right my friend, about Monterey not having any visitor bleachers

20 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Thank you PiRaTe._.MiKe! There's issues that are beyond MHS's control!