Gordonsville @ Monterey

TheJungle

3 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Yes I agree with you.  As I was reading the posts I was thinking passing game.  I thought Gordy ran the ball mostly though.  Maybe I’m wrong, but after watching several Monterey games and Clay County games, I believe those 2 are on the same level as Sale Creek, maybe a little better.  I think Gordy is more on Copper Basin’s level when CB has their starting QB, which is somewhat better than Monterey and Clay.  But passing the ball is key

They’ve got a kid that can spin the ball, but from what I’ve read have been pounding people with their running back. I guess because they have been able too. 

If Clay County would of threw the ball more last night I believe the outcome would’ve been different.

Gordonsville is doing things in the running game that it wasn't able to do earlier. 

We didn't do well offensively when we previously played Clay, but we're better now; however, we dominated defensively, keeping them under 100 total yards with negative rushing.

I think our schedule gives us an advantage, and we've been somewhat rested. It seems Monterey may be a little banged up. We'll see how that affects Friday.

Edited by croz6110

8 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Gordonsville is doing things in the running game that it wasn't able to do earlier. 

We didn't do well offensively when we previously played Clay, but we're better now; however, we dominated defensively, keeping them under 100 total yards with negative rushing.

I think our schedule gives us an advantage, and we've been somewhat rested. It seems Monterey may be a little banged up. We'll see how that affects Friday.

I noticed a couple of Monterey players seemed a bit gimpy during the Clay game.  Also factor in one less day to recover for Monterey.  They're at home but I really don't know if they get any boost because of it. Maybe a little.  But enough?  No.   Yalls region 4 may be similar to region 5 in that the top 3 teams are relatively competitive with one another. 

One way or another we are gonna face both of yall in the coming weeks. It just depends on this game's outcome to determine what round.  

If Monterey wins we will see Gordy round 2 at home then at Monterey in the quarters. If not we will see Monterey rd 2 at home then at Gordy in the quarters. 

Had Copper Basin stayed healthy they might have pulled an upset over Monterey if the Wildcats happen to win Friday but that outcome seems less likely now because of it. 

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I noticed a couple of Monterey players seemed a bit gimpy during the Clay game.  Also factor in one less day to recover for Monterey.  They're at home but I really don't know if they get any boost because of it. Maybe a little.  But enough?  No.   Yalls region 4 may be similar to region 5 in that the top 3 teams are relatively competitive with one another. 

One way or another we are gonna face both of yall in the coming weeks. It just depends on this game's outcome to determine what round.  

If Monterey wins we will see Gordy round 2 at home then at Monterey in the quarters. If not we will see Monterey rd 2 at home then at Gordy in the quarters. 

Had Copper Basin stayed healthy they might have pulled an upset over Monterey if the Wildcats happen to win Friday but that outcome seems less likely now because of it. 

Who is injured for Copper Basin?

9 hours ago, croz6110 said:

It sounds like Gordy has something for the Pirates in a few weeks. I always enjoy those games with you guys. 

For what it's worth, this has become a game that Gordonsville folks really want to win.

I know...it's a region game, we should want to win, and we do. However, in the last couple of years, certain "media" has really talked them up, and in the process, downed Gordonsville. That same "media" is really talking them up again this year. 

It was a shame Whitwell beat them last year, because we really wanted to play them a second time, but it's not often a 3rd seed gets a home playoff game, so we took it.

It's a shame also that this won't be a region game after this year. It's become a good rivalry. That's evidenced by some of the comments from their broadcast Saturday. 

I pick the Gmen by 2 scores, however, I hope it's more.

Edited by croz6110