AP TOP 10 CLASS 2A FEATURING SONNY MOORE OCT 26, 2020

Southtowner

53 minutes ago, Salem said:

Bledsoe is 9-0 with their weak schedule and RS is 7-2. Best Riverside win is Adamsville (5-4). Best Bledsoe win is Monterey (7-1). Sonny always has Tyner in high esteem so I'm sure the computers love that win. We never know how this cross state teams would fare against each other since everyone plays in their same quad year after year. 

Facts! Riverside barely got by Aville that was beat by four score or more against other teams they played !

Lewis Co has played the schedule that was agreed on and several of the have been good in the past, but are experiencing a down year. LC has taken care of business and only had one game that we close (Riverside). If you want to pick teams a part you can (with the exception of Peabody). For sure we have not had to escape at 1-8 team. In fact this past week with several starters out we pulled away from a 1-8 team and took care of our business. Where should LC be ranked? I don't know and other than some recognition for our program don't care. Riverside is a good team and will be a challenge for anyone, except for the above mentioned. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Lewis Co has played the schedule that was agreed on and several of the have been good in the past, but are experiencing a down year. LC has taken care of business and only had one game that we close (Riverside). If you want to pick teams a part you can (with the exception of Peabody). For sure we have not had to escape at 1-8 team. In fact this past week with several starters out we pulled away from a 1-8 team and took care of our business. Where should LC be ranked? I don't know and other than some recognition for our program don't care. Riverside is a good team and will be a challenge for anyone, except for the above mentioned. 

I’m sure Lewis has a good team and deserves respect for their record. Merely stating why Riverside isn’t rated higher in a poll that uses a mathematical algorithm that, by necessity, must take strength of schedule into account. I mentioned Lewis because they were used in the frame of reference. The above mentioned teams will get the opportunity to prove they are a top tier team in the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

I got a feeling that Adamsville team we got by is going to take down McKenzie 

You know adamsville has good coaches. I guessing they are watching the obion and Union city tapes and will try to replicate that and they may give mckenzie a hard time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salem said:

Bledsoe is 9-0 with their weak schedule and RS is 7-2. Best Riverside win is Adamsville (5-4). Best Bledsoe win is Monterey (7-1). Sonny always has Tyner in high esteem so I'm sure the computers love that win. We never know how this cross state teams would fare against each other since everyone plays in their same quad year after year. 

So you think the bracket placement should be throw every team in a hat and pull them out then place them in a random generated bracket?  I kind of like that idea, to a degree

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

So you think the bracket placement should be throw every team in a hat and pull them out then place them in a random generated bracket?  I kind of like that idea, to a degree

That would ideal but our state is so long east to west not very practical. I do think we could alternate Region 1 vs 3; Region 2 vs 4; Region 5 vs 7; Region 6 vs 8 in years 3 and 4 of the next 4 year reclassification. Just have some different matchups.