1A Playoff Picture in the West

fullbackdive

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Lake County is far from done. Greenfield has never been relevant and will not be going forward. Greenfield is having a great year better enjoy it because it doesn't happen often for them. Coach Puckett was good for Lake County no doubt but LC was a very good program before he got to LC and will be in the future. Sorry for the harsh comments about Greenfield but you made a baseless comment about LC and what I said is the plain truth. 

What was lake county record 5-10 years prior to Puckett and when he left. I think if you compare the two times you will see lake county in a much better place after he left than what it was when he got. But regardless of what anyone thinks of Greenfield there record is still 8-0 and they are region champs. heck who knows they may even lose tonight but it still won’t change the fact they have had a better season than Lake County this year. 

48 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

What was lake county record 5-10 years prior to Puckett and when he left. I think if you compare the two times you will see lake county in a much better place after he left than what it was when he got. But regardless of what anyone thinks of Greenfield there record is still 8-0 and they are region champs. heck who knows they may even lose tonight but it still won’t change the fact they have had a better season than Lake County this year. 

David Barger had LC in a fine position? Y’all still celebrating that region...congrats! Some schools have different goals? We will talk tonight about 9ish about just how good Greenfield is! Good luck 

1 hour ago, Voljackets said:

How has Greenfield had a better year? Is it because they are 8 and 0 and won a region title by default? I hope both teams make it to the 3rd round. If that happens Greenfield season more than likely comes to an end. 

1 hour ago, Voljackets said:

You had a better season and record due to defeating Covid and strength of schedule.  Keep hailing that region championship.  Lake County wasn't defeated for the title Covid won that.  Greenfield has the title but we will never know if they could have or would have beaten LC.  If we meet up again we'll see........Brush up on your LC history.......

33 minutes ago, TipToe421 said:

Isn't it the traditional time for Greenfield to leaving the field for the court........

Greenfield has 4 winning seasons since 2001. They have 13 losing seasons in that time frame and 2 seasons at 500. They have a playoff record of 2 and 5 during that time frame also. Like I said enjoy this year because if history is an indicator it will be awhile before it happens again.

1 hour ago, shockernation said:

David Barger had LC in a fine position? Y’all still celebrating that region...congrats! Some schools have different goals? We will talk tonight about 9ish about just how good Greenfield is! Good luck 

Greenfield could very well lose. I am not saying they won’t. All I am saying is that they are 8-0 and region champs but no one gives them any respect. There’s a reason why the AP has them #3. So obviously there are others that have nothing to do with the school that thinks they are pretty good. Best of luck to all and may the best team win. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

How has Greenfield had a better year? Is it because they are 8 and 0 and won a region title by default? I hope both teams make it to the 3rd round. If that happens Greenfield season more than likely comes to an end. 

Yes and the fact they didn’t lose rather it’s by default or not they still didn’t lose to a team that has only won 2 games all year. And best of luck to LC , WC, Dresden and Greenfield and may the best team win. Congrats to all on just getting through the season as challenging it may have been it being a COVID year. Only team truly undefeated is COVID-19 so nothing is for sure for any team going forward. 

9 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

Greenfield could very well lose. I am not saying they won’t. All I am saying is that they are 8-0 and region champs but no one gives them any respect. There’s a reason why the AP has them #3. So obviously there are others that have nothing to do with the school that thinks they are pretty good. Best of luck to all and may the best team win. 

Congrats on a memorable year for your kids, but that ranking isn’t close to accurate. I doubt very seriously you have a top 10 team. You might be a top 15 team, but nothing more.  Again, a great accomplishment for you guys this season, but you would get mercy ruled quickly if you made it to Cookeville. 

I expect Greenfield to get put out before the semifinals. Don’t they get a first round forfeit as well? Your round 2 game will be a dogfight too. Again great job on a memorable year for your team, but this is just reality  

Edited by TheAmbassador

4 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

Yes and the fact they didn’t lose rather it’s by default or not they still didn’t lose to a team that has only won 2 games all year. And best of luck to LC , WC, Dresden and Greenfield and may the best team win. Congrats to all on just getting through the season as challenging it may have been it being a COVID year. Only team truly undefeated is COVID-19 so nothing is for sure for any team going forward. 

Who only won 2 games all year? Lake County is 5 and 1 if that is who you are talking about.

1 hour ago, TipToe421 said:

You had a better season and record due to defeating Covid and strength of schedule.  Keep hailing that region championship.  Lake County wasn't defeated for the title Covid won that.  Greenfield has the title but we will never know if they could have or would have beaten LC.  If we meet up again we'll see........Brush up on your LC history.......

Wanna talk about strength of schedule but didn’t LC lose to Fayette Academy that has only won 2 games. I also know after Puckett left halls offense took a BIG step back and defense is not as good. I will agree with you and say LC is a very good team and can’t be taken lightly and could beat anyone they face except for Fayett Academy. And best of luck to all the teams that are still playing and going o the playoffs. We are in a time of the year now where all the teams in playoffs are good and you when tk play mistake free football to win. LC, Dresden, Greenfield and WC Are all capable teams of beating anyone any given night and shouldn’t be taken lightly.