Milan about to get the hammer?

FuzzyFootballs44

1 hour ago, Purpleteam said:

Copied this from a Facebook post!  I immediately thought of this thread when I read it and thought this thread needs this! I know I had to read it multiple times in the past few days! 

"Happy people don’t go around intentionally making others miserable. They just don’t. They don’t tear down, or pick fights, or create drama where there is none to be made. They don’t wish bad on others, or belittle, so it says something about people who are being awful right now. 

Sad people do sad things. The end. 

I used to love a clap back, and I used to think it was my job to “win” with people who’d been rude. I used to respond to negative comments, and I used to try to change people’s minds, and then one day I thought “what the heck am I doing? I’m doing exactly what they want. This isn’t revenge. This is me continuing the cycle.” 

I don’t try to get back at people anymore. It’s such a waste—of time, of energy, of my thoughts. Nah...you can go ahead. I can’t control you. I’m just going to be over here living my life if you need me. 

I’m gonna aim higher. 

I’m gonna choose grace. Im gonna chase gratitude. I’m gonna bring joy to the table. I’m gonna reach for hope. I’m gonna run with my arms wide open towards faith. I’m gonna guard my heart, and I’m gonna protect my peace. I’m gonna dream, and I’m gonna do good, and I’m gonna be kind. I’m gonna encourage, and I’m gonna lift up and I can’t do that if I get down on your level. 

I’m gonna do what God’s asked me to do, and I’m gonna keep my thoughts on heaven, which is exactly where they belong. 

I hope you’ll follow suit and let it go, cause there is absolutely no happiness to be found in anger, and bitterness, and division, and hate. None. Maybe they don’t deserve forgiveness, but you do. You deserve to let it go. 

Life is so short, and it’s so easy to waste it dwelling on nonsense. Spread light, and if other people don’t like it, toss them some cheap sunglasses and just keep on shining, sis. 

You have work to do, so you can’t be distracted with all that. 

The best way to get back at people, is to pray for them. They must be going through something, so you can either extend the arguing, or you extend mercy, but you can’t do both. Please don’t jump in the ring. Don’t play the game. Don’t do that to your own heart. There’s no glory there, and I know that’s not who you are, and that’s not what you do. 

Break the cycle and go in a new direction. That’s how you get ahead, and that’s the best revenge of all: You live above the fray, you live well, and you do it all with crazy doses of love and compassion. "

Love our Dawgs! #family

Love this. Thank you for sharing!!

3 hours ago, dhstennis said:

you asked for me, you got me back on here...if you cant deal with it, keep my handle and Liberty out ya mouth

I appreciate your honesty on the subject, and understand your lack of input until prodded... one of my personal motto's is "don't ask the question if you think you may not like my answer". I usually keep my opinions to myself if they are negative, don't go out of my way to be hurtful when asked , and will do my best to "water down" my reply to avoid trampling people's feelings who are innocent... I will however deliver what I believe is the truth in a straightforward manner if someone is deflecting blame or implicating innocent parties, and I applaud you for doing the same.

Edited by tradertwo

8 hours ago, SG4LIFE said:

I see where Milan is going to 4a next year must be a heck of a recruiting class coming in. 
Come on Coach Stidham we better get some better recruits. 
nevermind let’s do it the right way , with hard work and determination. 

Milan was was cleared of all those stupid recruiting lies Covington accused Milan of by the TSSAA...walk through the SGCHS parking lot..as I have very many times..... least 1/3rd of the cars have Madison county tags....Mad Co. kids going to Gibson Co. schools...and nice try Covington...you were beat by Milan and SG...live with it...

Edited by cofo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow.....I’ve sure missed a lot since I’ve been gone.....I’m just finding out about all this...but anyways....it’s high school football, people....each team can only put 11 boys on the field at a time....let’s play some playoff football, enjoy the atmospheres, and route for our West TN teams! I for one, will cheer for Milan if they happen to beat us in two weeks. I’ll cheer for SGC if they move forward as well!!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

Wow.....I’ve sure missed a lot since I’ve been gone.....I’m just finding out about all this...but anyways....it’s high school football, people....each team can only put 11 boys on the field at a time....let’s play some playoff football, enjoy the atmospheres, and route for our West TN teams! I for one, will cheer for Milan if they happen to beat us in two weeks. I’ll cheer for SGC if they move forward as well!!  

Got a lot of respect for you man. Some others on here have shown their true colors this week.

19 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

That's what I think, I don't care where they sleep at, live, go to school, commute, whatever. If they're legit high school age and academically astute, don't care what team, county, town, city they play for. No problem with a kid going where he is best served. I'm for all teams and obtaining their optimal potential. Good football 101

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Got a lot of respect for you man. Some others on here have shown their true colors this week.

26 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

you are spot on 00....great post...it's just a game...

• Upvote 1

Is someone trying to say that (that)guy that was at Liberty did ok. You gotta be crazy. 100% the opposite. Liberty went from super unexpectations (over achievements) basically an outstanding team to absolute trash the worst. Like 10-0 to absolute terrible, practically worst in state,  penthouse to the outhouse instantaneously. Terrible , same thing at another school. Guy doesn't have a clue. If you wanna ruin a team/program he's the guy. Even wonder where he even got a degree.He prolly the one posting  

Edited by wolfchase

6 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I appreciate your honesty on the subject, and understand your lack of input until prodded... one of my personal motto's is "don't ask the question if you think you may not like my answer". I usually keep my opinions to myself if they are negative, don't go out of my way to be hurtful when asked , and will do my best to "water down" my reply to avoid trampling people's feelings who are innocent... I will however deliver what I believe is the truth in a straightforward manner if someone is deflecting blame or implicating innocent parties, and I applaud you for doing the same.

thank you, i will admit to multiple edits as I was trying not to get into name calling and generalizations

did the best i could with the emotional contexts that were being thrown around

no one is happy with a losing season...a season that isnt even competitive...but the ppl that are left here havent and wont jump ship...wont teach young men to quit on each other and wont allow them to lay blame elsewhere...face facts and improve

that is how to lay a foundation to succeed in life

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dhstennis said:

thank you, i will admit to multiple edits as I was trying not to get into name calling and generalizations

did the best i could with the emotional contexts that were being thrown around

no one is happy with a losing season...a season that isnt even competitive...but the ppl that are left here havent and wont jump ship...wont teach young men to quit on each other and wont allow them to lay blame elsewhere...face facts and improve

that is how to lay a foundation to succeed in life

0-9 that’s a shame first in team history with your guys name on it. Every team dealt with Covid. I believe Memphis didn’t even get to play I’m not sure I seen Nashville did. Your coach was on “quarantine” but coached in his truck. The real know and see the problem. Not the kids. Good one and only last run. There will be a clean house soon. Good luck in the future. I do enjoy reading your post you have been correct on a lot I thought you will be more transparent when it came to the quality of the coaches.