Region 7-3A for 2021

CHARGERFAN

So, now that reclassification is determined for 2021 per the TSSAA website, I going to speculate about how Region 7-3A will look next year. Milan and Wooddale are the two West Tennessee teams that chose to play up from 3A to 4A next year. If I counted correctly that leaves 11 teams in far West Tennessee to fill regions 7 and 8. Here's my guess as to how regions 7-3A and 8-3A will look.

7-3A

Dyersburg

Ripley

Covington

Millington

Bolton

8-3A

East

Memphis Business

Trezevant

Sheffield

Raleigh-Egypt

Douglas

What do y'all think?

Edited by CHARGERFAN
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

If I counted correctly that leaves 11 teams in far West Tennessee to fill regions 7 and 8. Here's my guess as to how regions 7-3A and 8-3A will look.

7-3A

Dyersburg

Ripley

Covington

Millington

Bolton

Wow, smh, that is disgusting. Absolutely pitiful . There went your strong region platform. Ironically from a strong fun competitive region to maybe one of the weakest. Lots of fun playing mercy rule region games, smh

I won't even put the get your popcorn ready icon , no excitement or popcorn needed or necessary for that mess.

Now if only Alcoa & PC opt out a SC gift will be had

:o

Edited by wolfchase

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

So, now that reclassification is determined for 2021 per the TSSAA website, I going to speculate about how Region 7-3A will look next year. Milan and Wooddale are the two West Tennessee teams that chose to play up from 3A to 4A next year. If I counted correctly that leaves 11 teams in far West Tennessee to fill regions 7 and 8. Here's my guess as to how regions 7-3A and 8-3A will look.

7-3A

Dyersburg

Ripley

Covington

Millington

Bolton

8-3A

East

Memphis Business

Trezevant

Sheffield

Raleigh-Egypt

Douglas

What do y'all think?

Bolivar will be in here as well, do you think they go 4 team region with 

Covington

Ripley

Bolivar

Dyersburg

and keep all the Memphis teams in one region? 

16 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

Wow, smh, that is disgusting. Absolutely pitiful . There went your strong region platform. Ironically from a strong fun competitive region to maybe one of the weakest. Lots of fun playing mercy rule region games, smh

I won't even put the get your popcorn ready icon , no excitement or popcorn needed or necessary for that mess.

Now if only Alcoa & PC opt out a SC gift will be had

:o

PC did.. they are moving to 4A as well 

27 minutes ago, BigGuy11 said:

Bolivar will be in here as well, do you think they go 4 team region with 

Covington

Ripley

Bolivar

Dyersburg

and keep all the Memphis teams in one region? 

Yeah, I guess Bolivar has to be in 7-3A. I missed that. 

No, I don't see any way that they put 4 in one region and 8 in another. I think there are 47 teams in 3A. Divided into 8 regions that puts 6 in each region, except one region gets 5. 

Covington has been in a region with some Memphis schools before. Millington is now in a separate independent school district, not part of the Shelby County Schools system. I could easily see them in with Covington, Bolton is in the SCS system, so it would be more of a stretch putting them in 7-3A. 

Let's see what the wise guys at TSSAA come up with.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Just now, CHARGERFAN said:

Yeah, I guess Bolivar has to be in 7-3A. I missed that. 

No, I don't see any way that they put 4 in one region and 8 in another. I think there are 47 teams in 3A. Divided into 8 regions that puts 6 in each region, except one region gets 5. 

Covington has been in a region with some Memphis schools before. Millington is now in a separate independent school district, not part of the Shelby County Schools system. I could easily see them in with Covington, Bolton is in the SCS system, so it would be more of a stretch putting them in 7-3A. 

Let's see what the wise guys at TSSAA come up with.

I'm 100% with the logic there but it is TSSAA they do some stupid stuff all the time! They do not always make the classes as even as they could. I personally like 

Covington 

Millington

Dyersburg

Ripley

Bolivar 

Bolton 

all in the same region. The travel is manageable and could be some good games. I feel Covington is the clear cut favorite the next two years in that region as well.  

2 minutes ago, BigGuy11 said:

I'm 100% with the logic there but it is TSSAA they do some stupid stuff all the time! They do not always make the classes as even as they could. I personally like 

Covington 

Millington

Dyersburg

Ripley

Bolivar 

Bolton 

all in the same region. The travel is manageable and could be some good games. I feel Covington is the clear cut favorite the next two years in that region as well.  

I’m sure Dyersburg will be tough.

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Projected Playoff teams in Bold

7-3A

Dyersburg (3rd) - First Round

Ripley (1st/Region Winner) - Semifinals

Covington (5th)

Millington (4th) - First Round

Bolton (2nd) - Second Round

8-3A

East (5th)

Memphis Business (4th) - First Round

Trezevant (6th)

Sheffield (3rd) - First Round

Raleigh-Egypt (2nd) - Second Round

Douglas (1st/Region Winner) - Quarterfinals

What do y'all think? See Above

8 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

This is a sad story... I really is. 

Covington, Milan, SGC has such a beautiful thing going. Everyon across the state knew that region 7 3A was as nasty as it gets..... Now, it's simply not! 

Going to miss the good ole days. 

Welcome to 7-4A. Still gone be rough lol

haywood 
SGC

milan

crockett 

obion