Class 6A Playoffs Round 1 -- Cleveland at D-B

TribalEmpire

6 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Looking at the bracket, DB gets McMinn County in round 2, will the Indians get that revenge they have waited for since 2008?     That game is an urban legend around Kingsport, but this one should be a dandy as well

https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20200106

I’m a Mcminn fan - just hoping we can get past Bearden before we even think about DB.  Bearden is playing much better than they were when we played them a few weeks back.

6 minutes ago, Martymcfly said:

I’m a Mcminn fan - just hoping we can get past Bearden before we even think about DB.  Bearden is playing much better than they were when we played them a few weeks back.

Just like last year....McMinn soundly beat Bearden during the season, then Bearden soundly beat McMinn in the first round of playoffs. I'm sure Bo will remind the Cherokees this week that you NEVER overlook an opponent....espcially one you beat a few weeks ago.

19 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Looking at the bracket, DB gets McMinn County in round 2, will the Indians get that revenge they have waited for since 2008?     That game is an urban legend around Kingsport, but this one should be a dandy as well

https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20200106

That '08 game was a classic. I think DB was ranked #1 in the state?

14 minutes ago, Martymcfly said:

That's not how we do it. We always think about the round two team. Not who we're playing next. 

7 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

That '08 game was a classic. I think DB was ranked #1 in the state?

Yes,Number one and undefeated on the season. I think McMinn was 6-4...…….. I've never thought much about those rankings since then.Somebody ranked DB number 1 in the state a couple of weeks ago.That said,there is no way McMinn should have won that game.If it had been a regular season game, I'd say DB would have won by something like 42-7. I remember feeling sorry for those McMinn boys in the second quarter and trying to figure out who was up next on the chop block for DB.Well that didn't take long to figure out.