PROPOSED 2021-2023 REGIONS

Southtowner

4 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

In a 4-team region, each team would qualify.

The four team region was Region 8, now it has shifted all the way to the east to Region 1. 6A is currently unbalanced at 28 East (Regions 1-4)  and 22 West (Regions 5-8). I has been that way for awhile, though it was initially 27/22 w/out Rockvale.

Now it is shifting the opposite way. There are 22 teams in the East (Regions 1-4)  and 27 West (Regions 5-8). Region 8 which was at four for a long time is now up to eight teams for four spots.

11 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

The four team region was Region 8, now it has shifted all the way to the east to Region 1. 6A is currently unbalanced at 28 East (Regions 1-4)  and 22 West (Regions 5-8). I has been that way for awhile, though it was initially 27/22 w/out Rockvale.

Now it is shifting the opposite way. There are 22 teams in the East (Regions 1-4)  and 27 West (Regions 5-8). Region 8 which was at four for a long time is now up to eight teams for four spots.

Very difficult to balance, especially with all of the growth in the mid-state. It's forced TSSAA to essentially combine regions 7 and 8 into a single region. Region 2 looks great, but region 1 is awfully thin. I'd love to see a team move from region 2 to region 1, but who would you move? Bearden, maybe?

It'll be interesting to see how things change again in a few years. There were a number of 5A schools in the east that were within 100 bodies of the 6A cutoff - Oak Ridge, Morristown West, Rhea County, Heritage, West Ridge, West, McMinn County, and Walker Valley.