Covington @ Milan RD 2

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 11/8/2020 at 1:46 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t know that this has any bearing on the game but it is an interesting stat. 8 of the 10 teams Milan played this year qualified for the playoffs. All 8 of those teams are still playing in the 2nd rd. Milan has wins over 7 of those 8 with Peabody being the only exception. 

Interesting stat BPM. 7 of the 9 teams Covington played made the playoffs as well -  The 2 missing out being Bolivar and McNairy. 

Out of the 7 in the playoffs, 6 are still playing in the 2nd round - (Munford lost to Clarksville 14-16 1st round) 

Edited by ChargerFootball
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I bought my two tickets today as soon as TSSAA put them on sale. Looking forward to the new version of Johnny Hale stadium. Do I understand correctly that visitors now sit on what had been the "home" side?

That is correct. You will be impressed. Milan really bet the farm on their new stadium. My favorite part of the entire new stadium is when you first walk in they have you walk down memory lane and see all of the previous accomplishments of former teams. Really nice touch IMO. 

I think the game is going to be another barn burner. For some reason when the boys from Covington play the boys from Gibson county things always get interesting! 

I am personally going to miss playing the Chargers every single year! 

49 minutes ago, ChargerFootball said:

Interesting stat BPM. 7 of the 9 teams Covington played made the playoffs as well -  The 2 missing out being Bolivar and McNairy. 

Out of the 7 in the playoffs, 6 are still playing in the 2nd round - (Munford lost to Clarksville 14-16 1st round) 

Same. SGC played 9 teams in the regular season. 7 of the 9 are still playing in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 

After Friday night, this number will change dramatically. 

Region 7-3a is nasty, was nasty, and I will miss it. 

Also, the top teams in region 7-3a have scheduled some really tough out of league games. 

Milan - Lexington, Hardin county, Huntingdon, and Trenton!

Covington - Munford, Brighton, Ripley, and Haywood!

SGC - Crocket, Lexington, and Haywood! 

Its interesting to note that both Covington and Haywood were victorious against Haywood this year. They have a great coach and good team this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 00Chargers said:

Well Fellas, I'm grounded with the COVID and not gonna be able to make the journey to Milan like I was so much anticipating. While I'm quarantined, I guess I'll have to resort to watching it on television. Is NFHS the only choice at watching it?

This is what I would do if I was in your shoes. Yes NFHS is the only way to view. But I would drive to Milan And park on the hill behind the field house/player locker rooms and tune in to 93.7. You will have a great view of the game to see everything and you can hear the play by play. You won’t infect anyone in your car. Go thru the drive thru at chow wagon and get you some grub to watch the game. I would be there by 6PM to park. Those are prime spots for people that don’t get a ticket and they go quick. 

12 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is what I would do if I was in your shoes. Yes NFHS is the only way to view. But I would drive to Milan And park on the hill behind the field house/player locker rooms and tune in to 93.7. You will have a great view of the game to see everything and you can hear the play by play. You won’t infect anyone in your car. Go thru the drive thru at chow wagon and get you some grub to watch the game. I would be there by 6PM to park. Those are prime spots for people that don’t get a ticket and they go quick. 

Man, that sounds like a heck of an idea. I could also get instant replays by streaming at the same time as it will be a little behind. You think I will be okay for a spot if I get there by 6:00? Thanks for the information. 

37 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

Man, that sounds like a heck of an idea. I could also get instant replays by streaming at the same time as it will be a little behind. You think I will be okay for a spot if I get there by 6:00? Thanks for the information. 

I wouldn’t get there any later. Maybe even earlier. They are prime spots cause the view is so good. 
DJI_0005-scaled.jpgIn the background of this picture you can see a line white truck on the grassy hill behind the field house. That is where you need to be. Or even on the concrete in front of that parked by the fence like where the SUV and the port-o-potty are. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE