Rd 2 Riverside vs Lewis County

Pantherpride45

1 hour ago, WingT08 said:

Andddddd thats bc we as a society are perfectly fine with average. Win that meaningless region title!  Lets pat ourselves on the back bc we beat up on teams we are better than! 

11-1 or 12-1 isn't average. Sharp is the reason that one and two loss seasons look easy from the outside, but everyone seems to forget that part. Using the stats provided, he's been a part of sixty plus playoff games... tell me how that is possible if you're just average.

30 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

11-1 or 12-1 isn't average. Sharp is the reason that one and two loss seasons look easy from the outside, but everyone seems to forget that part. Using the stats provided, he's been a part of sixty plus playoff games... tell me how that is possible if you're just average.

Come on man. Leading, counseling and mentoring thousands of young men through high school and consistently winning for 40 years is something anyone can do. I can’t imagine why anyone with any awareness of how important football is would even consider not firing this no good, washed up coach. What has he done for Lewis County? Yeah, I would say this whole conversation is an indictment on our society today. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Salem said:

What kind of ridiculous made up stat is this? 

What powerhouses are in the area? Hickman County? Perry County? Lawrence County?  Wayne County?  I think the programs in all the neighboring counties would love 10-0 teams with 2nd round exits. 

Doesn't Wayne Co. have a Championship in the last 10 years? I am sure they wouldn't trade ya for anything. I am pretty sure up until couple of years ago they were a power house year in and out .

I agree the losing stat is stupid. Coach Sharpe is a great asset to your community 

Edited by Beagle

On 11/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, Sidelinehustler said:

What are those numbers? 

6 hours ago, Salem said:

What kind of ridiculous made up stat is this? 

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

http://www.ahsfhs.org/tennessee/Teams/playoffs.asp?Team=Lewis County

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

It is possible because Lewis County doesn’t play anybody. When they have actually been placed in a competitive region, the program has been exposed. Another poster commented and posted all of these teams they played over the past decade alluding to how good the competition was. What he did not post was the W/L record against those teams. Funny, because he listed 4A state champion Giles but did not state how they fared against that team or even if they played them that year.

If they want to be Regular Season Paper Champions year in and year out, that’s their prerogative.  But don’t act like it’s something more than what it is. It is what it is because they don’t play anyone during the regular season and thus when they do face a semblance of competition by the second round, they are always put out.

15 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

It is possible because Lewis County doesn’t play anybody. When they have actually been placed in a competitive region, the program has been exposed. Another poster commented and posted all of these teams they played over the past decade alluding to how good the competition was. What he did not post was the W/L record against those teams. Funny, because he listed 4A state champion Giles but did not state how they fared against that team or even if they played them that year.

If they want to be Regular Season Paper Champions year in and year out, that’s their prerogative.  But don’t act like it’s something more than what it is. It is what it is because they don’t play anyone during the regular season and thus when they do face a semblance of competition by the second round, they are always put out.

Who are all these "nobodys" lining up to play Lewis County, and why can't they find a paper champion coach to notch them some 11-1/12-1 seasons??? I'm pretty sure that if a no good paper champion team like LC can schedule a "W" against them every year, that they'd like to hire themselves a Bobby Sharp.