Walker Valley at West

WestHigh4Life

4 hours ago, guthook said:

beneficiary of 5 turnovers and somehow only beat em by 5 points?  You done lost your mind.

Don’t get me wrong I think West will win Friday, In fact I think West is the best 5A team in the east and will be in Cookeville next month. 
Besides West, the other remaining possible opponents would be Central, Oak Ridge, South Doyle, Rhea County, David Crockett and Halls. So yes, I think Walker Valley would have a good shot at beating anyone on that list. 
Hey that’s just my opinion, I don’t contend to know everything because if I did I would be working at NASA.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gulloern74 said:

The story would be even better if Rhea County finds a way to beat Oak Ridge on Friday along with a Walker Valley win. They were up 28-14 on Rhea in Evensville with about 5 minutes left in the game only to have a complete collapse and lost 31-28. Making that trip back to Evensville to avenge their last loss of 2020 for a shot in the Semifinals would definitely make for a dang good story.

Yes, Walker Valley played 3 convincing quarters of football against the Eagles and the wheels fell off in the 4th quarter. Rhea capitalized on those mistakes and found a way to win. Scary thing is that WV is playing much better now than they were then. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MeritIII said:

So no one else on my list - 

You were saying how Knox has done a good job marketing and telling people that 5A runs through K-town and the point is that they are not wrong.Beating Powell was great for WV but you said WV put everybody on notice that Knox aint all that.Just saying WV gonna have to get thru a lot more Knox area teams b4 that is true.I was one of few saying I thought WV had a good chance to beat Powell but it has nothing to do with Knox area teams being overrated and more to do with WV playing good at the right time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RCfan said:

I don’t know if you guys are serious or just trying to mess with RTMojo but Walker Valley is legit. I watched both the Bradley Central game and the Rhea County game and Walker Valley had big leads in both games but let them slip away at the end. They are very well coached and playing good football right now.  This may sound nuts but I think the only 5A team left in the East that can beat WV is Knox West (that includes Central). 

Only time will tell!

17 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

I'm from West TN and to be honest I never even heard of Walker Valley. It sounds like it would be an amazing underdog story though to take out Powell and West in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. No disrespect to any West fans at all but from a neutral poster on this thread it would be pretty amazing.

You haven't heard of them for two reasons (1) they are not a Knoxville area team and that is all you will hear about from East Tennessee and (2) they have not consistently won football games.  They have always been a team that could surprise other teams though.  I would not see this as an upset if they were to win - but more as a validation that there are good teams in 5A that are not located in or around Knoxville  

51 minutes ago, TNVolFan2000 said:

You haven't heard of them for two reasons (1) they are not a Knoxville area team and that is all you will hear about from East Tennessee and (2) they have not consistently won football games.  They have always been a team that could surprise other teams though.  I would not see this as an upset if they were to win - but more as a validation that there are good teams in 5A that are not located in or around Knoxville  

From this side of the state that would be a HUGE upset being that most everyone has West winning state.

1 minute ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Will you have Coach Akins on again this week???

No, I've already got the lineup filled for this week.   We've got over 150 Coaches we stay in contact with, so it's rare to have one on twice in a season.   It hasn't happened yet and we're in second round.   We'll have a couple of repeats from early in the season on this week and two other Coaches we haven't had on yet this season.

• Thanks 1